Aerodynic Domes Still made?

HillRock

Jun 30, 2010
Boston, Mass.
Hello all, as the title states, does anyone know if Federal Signal takes orders for the Aerodynic domes. Thanks for any help. I need to get a couple 5 section domes for a restoration.

Mike

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
how much would runs domes for a lapd 5 domes config ?

stupid question but did they ever made black section ?

thank you

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
I would probably be interested into an all black config just so I can legally install the lightbar on the car and swap domes at the track or car show .

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I would probably be interested into an all black config just so I can legally install the lightbar on the car and swap domes at the track or car show .

Your best bet is to buy crappy domes and paint them black. Members here did it before for legal reasons you mentioned without problems.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
well I had someone selling me crappy domes at some point year ago here but they are now all broken and didnt came that good anyways with the paint .. I will see my options or maybe I will buy a wrecker bar and use the amber domes. Speaking of that you know how rare the aerodynic are in quebec well I have seen one in mirabel for years on a decomissioned wrecker and never stopped to ask the guy if he wanted to sell it ... and for sure the day I stopped to ask for it , it was gone :(

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Not to Sound Funny but instead of Black Paint why not use that Blackout Paint or that paint that you can Apply and when you want to change it Just Peel it Off I forget who makes that... saw it on the car shows on Spike or Powernation... Instead of the Hard Black Paint as your Final Option..

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
situation have changed and the car will no longer be on the road so I will stick to the full outfit with new domes :)

as far as getting domes I pmed many people but nobody responded yet :(

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
There are several NIB dome sets on eBay right now including several LAPD styles and NYPD. They are expensive though at $400 + shipping,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.