Aerodynic independent rotators middle light

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Hi all,

I've got the chance to buy this red blue FS Aerodynic with independent rotators, although rare, i think this type still feels a bit "empty".
There is this plate in the middle, sellers says there was also a beacon on top, could this be official Federal Signal factory stuff, or is it a hack?

Seller wants 200,- should i get it?

image2.JPGimage3.JPG
image4 (1).JPG

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Can the seller tell you what the model tag reads?
My guess is this is an AD5200 series light. The light on top of the speaker cover may have been for a VisiBeam or something similar, probably not added by Federal and probably a department modification. Knowing what the speaker assembly consists of I have a hard time thinking this thing held up over time with another beacon on top of it.

It looks like it might be missing a rotator on the Blue lense side.. So yea the AD series lights are very uncommon.. but $200 is probably stretching it for this bar...

my .02

Rob

Reactions: Thomas1234

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Here is a good example of what a Vama bar with the Visibeam looks like:

467eba245f.jpg

Photo credit: http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Vehicules-speciaux/Photos-de-voitures-de-Police-34001p2010.htm

OliverD

Dec 31, 2016
Belgium
It's an original FS Aerodynic "made in America".
This lightbar was used in France in the years 80 on french Police cars (Peugeot et Renault).
The french surname of this special Aerodynic bar order is "GOLDORAK" !
These are now very hard to find and expensive ; it's a "holy Grail" for the french collector.
Federal Signal is imported in Europe by RAUWERS in Brussel and dispensed in France by SIRAC (french branch of RAUWERS).
Here are some pics.
Goldo PBr.jpgGoldo P1.jpgGoldo R1.jpgGoldo R18.jpgGoldorak.JPG

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Well as is see it, its only the plate that is original "GOLDORAK" style right? or was the french lightbar also equipped with independent rotors on 4 red/blue lensen? btw the seller is still looking for the visibeam but sadly the black piece is missing anyway.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
It would appear as if it would have been for an American vehicle, since those French examples seem to be the three section version of the lightbar, and the lightbar you pictured has the four sections, in addition to the red/blue versus the blue with amber the French examples show.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Both are aerodynics.. but both are different revisions so internally totally different bars.
The french bar is a 24SEA or 24SEAH.. the bar the OP is posting is 24AD or AD5200 series light.

FedSig sold a kit to mount a VisiBeam on top of the (any) AeroDynic speaker housing, which consisted of the base plate and contoured faring (skirt) to attempt to maintain the aerodynamic features of the bar. Actually worked fairly well (Michigan State Police studies found that a single beacon in the middle of the roof produced less drag then any lightbar), so adding the rig didn't add too much drag to the bar. It's only drawback was the additional height it added to the vehicle (no chases into parking decks!). It wasn't popular in the US as most vehicles using AeroDynics were cop cars with A-pillar mounted spotlights.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Lotsa rehab is gonna need to go into that, Tom :eek:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I honestly couldn't see myself paying $190 for everything in this thread to be honest.. too much work with minimal payoff.

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Yeah agreed, think im letting this on go, or maybe the visibeam peaces for way way less, problem here in the Netherlands that the Aerodynics are getting more rare every day. However, Twinsonics can be found , i just scored my second B/B!

Reactions: CrownVic97

Henri

Dec 28, 2017
France
Hello Thomas, I have a friend he is looking for the same model as yours, if you have one for sale you tell me and I would make him the commission

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.