AeroDynic LED Replacements for halogen H1

Ghost8546

Dec 24, 2019
I have seen that in other posts, but i don't need as much pop.. its in indoor setup, i need less brightness and a lower power draw.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I keep referring back to this video every time I get asked this question.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
It almost looks like the LED's do not sit in the focal point of the reflector. Thus loosing that POP. I think you can convert the bulb holder easily over to a bayonet base type bulb...from what I remember. Then use the #93 bulb

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
It almost looks like the LED's do not sit in the focal point of the reflector. Thus loosing that POP. I think you can convert the bulb holder easily over to a bayonet base type bulb...from what I remember. Then use the #93 bulb
The filiment in a 93 is horizontal so the majority if it will not hit the reflector properly. It would likely look better then the LED replacement though. I get wanting/needing to use LEDs for an indoor display bar. You do lose the focal point but you also wont be killing your eyes as much with that focal point.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
The filiment in a 93 is horizontal so the majority if it will not hit the reflector properly. It would likely look better then the LED replacement though. I get wanting/needing to use LEDs for an indoor display bar. You do lose the focal point but you also wont be killing your eyes as much with that focal point.
I should add that I am using the #93 bulbs on a display bar. I do not overload my power supply doing so. The LED replacements can not sit in the sweet spot of a parabolic reflector but will still have some focus. Think about the Maglite. You can twist it to go from beam to flood. It is mofing the filiment of the bulb out of the focal point. It is similar with the LED replacements but they can not hit the reflector properly because the light is too wide.

Maybe just try an LED or 2 to see how you like it. After all, it is your bar on your display. What works for you might notwork for others. Just dont run code that way, lol.

Reactions: jdh

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.