Aerodynic Model 25B New Pictures and Video 8/25

Jun 18, 2013
PA
And yet another project bar in the works...

I was planning on having this completed today but got interrupted..

In progress pictures.... hopefully I will have this wrapped up this week.

Tag reads Model 25B   B meaning 2nd revision?   build tag reads 1990 on the frame..  not sure since the original motor was missing.

I had to add the motor and drive assembly,  also added some spare feet I had.

I had to hunt awhile to find one of these 10 rotator bars... so sorry not for sale.

IMG_0304.JPGIMG_0303.JPGIMG_0301.JPGIMG_0302.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
congratulations Rob.  you have yourself one awesome looking model 25 there.  i think you're on the right track w/the "B" designation indicating the later model series.  both of mine are A1 series w/tags indicating 87 & 88.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Nice light bar mister!

25 "B" The "B" also refers to the initial factory flash pattern setting. According to my literature, the factory flash pattern setting for the 25B is:

2-19-1-18-0/0-18-1-19-2

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
25 "B" The "B" also refers to the initial factory flash pattern setting. According to my literature, the factory flash pattern setting for the 25B is:

2-19-1-18-0/0-18-1-19-2
I wonder why Federal tagged the flash pattern on the bar, like it would be set in stone forever, since you could change the pattern. Either way, it is nice to see something different in an AeroDynic.

Also, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but speaking model 25s, I have a model 25 10 rotators all-amber AeroDynic with a tag that reads "25T" Now the "T" usually refers to takedown lights but it is a plain jane 10 rotators aero. The power strip has 5 contact terminal with only one (the red) connected. The motor also have 2 red wires coming out of it with both wire (I think) plugged on the same terminal screw.

Could it be a reversible Aero/Arrowdynic? I think I tried both red wires one after the other with the motor grounded to the bar and the motor went in the same direction each time. So if this motor is not reversible and ground through the bar as any other Aero, why 2 red wires?

Back to topic, it is a very nice bar you have here, Stampeed :)

Reactions: denko3

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
great lightbar and very nice cleaned!

love that model 25 with 10 rotators.

about model marks yes ''B'' if for pattern model like Eric said.

abot ''T'' Toon i think it's model like arrow bar but it need to be wired correctly probably.maybe left and right spining rotators like you said that motor have reverse way.i think ''D'' model mark was aero bar with 10 rotators and it had

a little control box just for it's own model and you could spin the rotators left,right,slow and fast i supose or normal spining.

it was very interesting bar.the motor had to had likewise two red wires i supose.

again nice aero expesually with red domes!  ;-)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
It will be nicer once I can finish cleaning it up,  as you can see in the picture I got about half way,  Hopefully I can finish it today.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
"T" refers to Traffic. It is a special flash pattern controlled by a special "TCM" (traffic control module) module that federal offered. Good luck trying to find this control module, I have only seen one before.

I wonder why Federal tagged the flash pattern on the bar, like it would be set in stone forever, since you could change the pattern. Either way, it is nice to see something different in an AeroDynic.

Also, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but speaking model 25s, I have a model 25 10 rotators all-amber AeroDynic with a tag that reads "25T" Now the "T" usually refers to takedown lights but it is a plain jane 10 rotators aero. The power strip has 5 contact terminal with only one (the red) connected. The motor also have 2 red wires coming out of it with both wire (I think) plugged on the same terminal screw.

Could it be a reversible Aero/Arrowdynic? I think I tried both red wires one after the other with the motor grounded to the bar and the motor went in the same direction each time. So if this motor is not reversible and ground through the bar as any other Aero, why 2 red wires?

Back to topic, it is a very nice bar you have here, Stampeed :)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
"T" refers to Traffic. It is a special flash pattern controlled by a special "TCM" (traffic control module) module that federal offered. Good luck trying to find this control module, I have only seen one before.
ERIC you're the expert, but from what I remember the "traffic" function was basically just the arrow pattern but reversible and various speeds.  I know the modules are impossible to find, but could the function not be simulated with something else?

Here is the parts list, it doesn't mention it of course. 

Reactions: JennyCop

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
EmergencyLighting074.jpg

EmergencyLighting075.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

here you have one 25 controler....
attachicon.gif
bc36_1.JPG
That is actually for the 25D.  The 25TCM was for the model 25T.  

The model 25D was the directional version that was reversible with all the lights doing Left or Right arrow, the front of these bars was often blacked out.  The 25T was a turn signal bar where half the bar lit up at a time in that mode as a turn signal.

cont.jpg

aeromod.jpg

Reactions: lightbarmarci
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I finally got a chance to pull this back out,  I am hoping to complete it this weekend.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
attachicon.gif
EmergencyLighting074.jpg

attachicon.gif
EmergencyLighting075.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0003.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0004.jpg

That is actually for the 25D.  The 25TCM was for the model 25T.  

The model 25D was the directional version that was reversible with all the lights doing Left or Right arrow, the front of these bars was often blacked out.  The 25T was a turn signal bar where half the bar lit up at a time in that mode as a turn signal.

attachicon.gif
cont.jpg

attachicon.gif
aeromod.jpg
OK, I had a chance to check my AeroDynic 25T out.

It is wired as follow:

Single Brown wire for motor

Red wire for 6 innermost lamps ((3-4-5-6-7-8)

White-blue wire: Lamps (1-10)

White-yellow wire: Lamps (2-9)

The bar is all-amber with clear endcaps. Any idea of the correct flash pattern for this bar?

Seems like you could put it low wig-wag (1-10), high wig-wag(1-2 + 9-10) and the whole show with 10 lamps goind on.

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Toon,

I'd like to see it in action if you get it working right.

This light is still sitting on my bench,   just no time as of late.. 

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Finally finished her up.

I set the flash pattern to what Eric Mentioned earlier.   2,19,1,18,0/0,18,1,19,2

I can't say I am a big fan of this pattern but for now it will do.

Adding some pictures of the bar reassembled and clean.   Motor and drive gear assemblies are not original but they were in NOS condition and this seemed like a good fit. 

Interior is Very clean,  bar reads 1990 on the frame....  domes are in good condition..  not perfect but passable.

Video...

http://youtu.be/A2CD51DXnbw

IMG_0347.JPGIMG_0348.JPGIMG_0349.JPG

Reactions: denko3 and 7d9_z28

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
It turned out great!  The "1990" on the frame tag is the SAE acceptance year, but not necessarily a build date. 

Reactions: denko3

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
ERIC you're the expert, but from what I remember the "traffic" function was basically just the arrow pattern but reversible and various speeds.  I know the modules are impossible to find, but could the function not be simulated with something else?

Here is the parts list, it doesn't mention it of course. 

here you have one 25 controler....
attachicon.gif
bc36_1.JPG
Thread revival: does anybody know what would be considered "Low Warning" and "High Warning"? Left and Right functions are pretty self-explanatory...

I'm asking because I'd like to know what lamps should come on whenever those functions were activated. I have a 25T 10 rotators that is wired as such:

brown: lamp 1 & 10

Brown-white: lamp 2 & 9

Red: lamp 3 to 7.

Thanks for your help :)

...and Stampeed, I haven't forgotten about you. I have some time ahead to work on the bar. I hope I can come up with something in a few weeks...

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Zombie thread... back from the dead!   SPOOOKY! lol

I have another Model 25 just putzing on the dome cleaning.

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
I am sharing these pictures with my wife.

Spray bottle, roll of paper towels, and a Dickey's cup with a toothbrush in it. Only thing missing is my dog.

Kikoflyboy

Mar 14, 2019
Indiana
And yet another project bar in the works...

I was planning on having this completed today but got interrupted..

In progress pictures.... hopefully I will have this wrapped up this week.

Tag reads Model 25B B meaning 2nd revision? build tag reads 1990 on the frame.. not sure since the original motor was missing.

I had to add the motor and drive assembly, also added some spare feet I had.

I had to hunt awhile to find one of these 10 rotator bars... so sorry not for sale.

View attachment 121452View attachment 121451View attachment 121449View attachment 121450
Where did you find your model 25? I’ve been looking for one for sale quite some time. Any suggestions on where to find one that’s an all light version?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.