After all of my years collecting, finally found a holy grail!

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
After all of my years collecting and installing emergency equipment, I finally found a piece that I would consider a holy grail. I've only seen one before, and it was just the light/speaker combination. I happened upon this over this past weekend, and basically had no choice but to pick it up. It is in original condition,and might be a little rough around the edges... the dome has a hairline crack in the back, the speaker assembly is also cracked on one side of the fiberglass, but in general is in perfectly good working order as seen in the video. The bottom gasket is intact, and all wiring looks original. The siren is in perfect working order, however I am missing the microphone for it. At some point I'll end up doing a full restoration on it, obviously if anyone has a source for a new red and/or clear dome, or a working microphone, I'd really appreciate it. And now I present to you, a Dietz 235 paired light/wide mouth speaker/electronic siren combination!!!

PS - yes, they are towels I put in the speaker to dampen the sound. Didn't want to upset the neighbors!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic9.jpg

Reactions: tsquale

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Very awesome, I love it! :thumbsup: Thanks for the video its nice to see it and hear it in action! The siren has a very unique sound to it.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Those things are pretty rare and I think the cracked, fiberglass base is a common occurrence.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I love the sound of those solid toggle switches. No soft-panel membrane there. :)

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Great light & siren very loud even stuffed with towels, I think your neighbors heard it!! I believe since the base is fiberglass, some Bondo, sanding with fresh paint would have it looking mint. :D

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
Congrats on your find.

I was able to pick up one of these lights awhile back and it had 2 big holes on the bottom of the speaker. They aren't made of fiberglass, at least mine wasn't, they're ABS plastic. Fortunately they are repairable using fiberglass. If the repair is done right and it's repainted it'll look awesome.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I never knew there was such a thing. Great find! It sounds amazing and the toggles are cool, too! Congrats on your find! :thumbsup:

davetess

Aug 4, 2011
Czech rep. EUROPE
It probably must have been an industrial espionage, because this Dietz light had its twin brother here in Eastern Europe. It was made by Czechoslovakian company Tesla between 70's and 90's and was widely used on police cars. The similarity of both these lights is just funny :)

IMG_4378.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Super nice find. That's the second one that's been here in the past few weeks. I noted on the other thread that the Dietz siren is one of the few that hurt my ears. Baker Ambulance in Odessa had the whole setup but only used the siren with an SA24 speaker on the roof of their '66 Pontiac ambulance. Riding under that blasted thing hurt!!!! :p

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.