Airhorn Staying On

cfaul80

Apr 19, 2022
Louisiana
I pulled a 500 Series right out of the box and the airhorn stays on as soon as I turn on the ignition. Updated the firmware and it didn't solve the problem.What could be the root cause? First time Soundoff Signal user. Please help.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I pulled a 500 Series right out of the box and the airhorn stays on as soon as I turn on the ignition. Updated the firmware and it didn't solve the problem.What could be the root cause? First time Soundoff Signal user. Please help.
I don’t know anything about Soundoff… but, is this something thats tied into the horn ring?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

I don't see how that would happen, there doesn't seem to be any "level 1" way to trigger it. Since it occurs with ignition I have a few follow ups as far as what is connected. Is the horn ring used? Do you have any OEM stuff connected? Does it do the same with plain 12V on bench test? I know

"CN7.1 – System Ignition Input for the 500 Series Control System controls when the system turns on any outputs that are activated by ignition can also be programmed to remain active independently for a specified time frame. As an alternative, Input #1 on any remote node or Input #12 on the Input Node can be set to wake up the bluePRINT system. This needs to be programmed using SoundOff Central bluePRINT Software. When connecting ignition to this circuit, it should be fused at 3A."

So perhaps airhorn was associated with this feature? Have you used the software to set it up or is it being installed out of the box?

It might be a need to program it with their software or test other power options? I am not a blueprint expert.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfaul80

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
My only thought with this, is if you are using a negative horn ring, but the polarity wired, or programming is wrong. A negative trigger horn ring will rest with voltage. If the trigger is set up as a positive voltage, the system will think that the horn is constantly being pressed. Again, I have never used this system, and know nothing about it, but Ive seen similar issues with Whelen cencoms.

Reactions: cfaul80

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.