Albuquerque PD chase down active shooter

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Holy. Crap. I hope that female officer wasn't dead. Good thing the scumbag is now.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
CrownVic97 said:
Holy. Crap. I hope that female officer wasn't dead. Good thing the scumbag is now.

I thought I read all officers survived, but three officers were injured. I think the only death was the suspect. Rightfully so.

Saw the video last night, and it definitely had my heart in my throat, and then drop in my stomach seeing the officer.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
J-Rock1944 said:
Apparently, this wasn't a big enough story to make national news in late October. Full story follows in the video. Shot via lapel cam.

HARSH LANGUAGE AND MINOR BLOOD, probably not safe for work.

LiveLeak.com - Pursuit and Shooting of 'Cop Killer' Captured on Police Body Cameras

Where is Justin Beiber, Kim Kardashian, or flappy birds?? I only saw cops die and waste tax payers money driving recklessly trying to catch a guy who was probably being harassed by the evil police....

Thats why CNN, Fox, MSNBC dont care buddy....

By the way for the new people I'm being sarcastic just saying the general public dont give a craps about You and me.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I believe the Female deputy is still being treated or still recovering, I don't know exactly. I gotta say, in all honesty that video wasn't watchable just from the shacking of the video but it was really intense listening to it.

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
lafd55 said:
I believe the Female deputy is still being treated or still recovering, I don't know exactly. I gotta say, in all honesty that video wasn't watchable just from the shacking of the video but it was really intense listening to it.

At 3:40 when they find the female officer you see she is pulled in front of a fire station. A few second laters a garage door opens and a firefighter comes out. Hopefully they had medics there.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Towards the end of the video, at the take down, we see a good shot of the rear light set up on a NBS Charger. Brake light flasher, some LED HAWS in the center section, and the third brake light is flashing. According to some naysayers, flashing the third brake light can cause the end of the world. Thankfully there is no circus ride tail light flasher.

The video is hard to watch, very shaky. From other sites, I have read that all Officers are in recovery.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
The shakiness and overall Subject of the video makes it a little hard to watch. I still want to know why this story never aired on national news? How do you skip out on a guy dressed for war and armed with an AK47, who steals a cop car and shoots at Police? Isn't that something the public should know about?

Also, I'm fairly certain I heard somebody yell "Get the Paramedic!" when they pulled the female deputy out of her car. And like HILO, all the other news agencies ( the few that reported it.) have said all of the LEOs involved are in recovery.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
I (believe the only one in my department) carry a tactical CAT tourniquet on my gunbelt for self rescue. Sits right behind my weapon and can be deployed with one hand if needed. It appeared the female deputy had an arterial wound based on what I could see.

If you don't carry one; do. Might have cost me 40.00 with the holder. Keisler police supply sells them.

tourniquet.jpg

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
jswwjw said:
I (believe the only one in my department) carry a tactical CAT tourniquet on my gunbelt for self rescue. Sits right behind my weapon and can be deployed with one hand if needed. It appeared the female deputy had an arterial wound based on what I could see.
If you don't carry one; do. Might have cost me 40.00 with the holder. Keisler police supply sells them.

View attachment 69080

I carried a blowout kit with me. CAT, cinch-tight dressing, compacted gauze, NPA and lube.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
I have a blow-out vest (left side ammo, magazines, right side medical trauma, chest trauma) in my trunk. I chose to carry the CAT on my gun belt because I am often far away from my vehicle when sugar turns to shit.

After watching that video I am reassessing what I carry inside my patrol vehicle. Perhaps a few more magazines...

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
jswwjw said:
I have a blow-out vest (left side ammo, magazines, right side medical trauma, chest trauma) in my trunk. I chose to carry the CAT on my gun belt because I am often far away from my vehicle when sugar turns to shit.

After watching that video I am reassessing what I carry inside my patrol vehicle. Perhaps a few more magazines...

We had been trying to get the department to go to a Class A uniform with patch pockets, just for this reason. My stuff was in a plastic bag that stuck out of my back pocket. Looked crappy, but necessary. Had two kits on my tac vest, along with the afore mentioned extra M4 and Glock magazines

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
jswwjw said:

View attachment 69080

We carry these in our 'Active Shooter' bags (small shoulder slung pouch, TQ, small med kit, extra AR mags). We had them in the trunks, but are trying to keep them up front so we don't have to dig for them when the SHTF.

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
This happened in my hometown so it was hard to watch. Normally APD is in the national news because they shot someone for "no reason". They are some of the toughest and brightest LEOs I have ever had the opportunity to run with.

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
I normally do not respond to certain comments like the one from 11b101abn so I thought we could do a little test.

Come on down to Mississippi; I'll shoot you in the femoral artery with my AK47 and you can tell me how much of a real bad ass you are as you

sit there and bleed out.

Really?

Sorry; fellow officer support bitching over now.

Glad she survived.

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
J-Rock1944 said:
The shakiness and overall Subject of the video makes it a little hard to watch. I still want to know why this story never aired on national news? How do you skip out on a guy dressed for war and armed with an AK47, who steals a cop car and shoots at Police? Isn't that something the public should know about?

Also, I'm fairly certain I heard somebody yell "Get the Paramedic!" when they pulled the female deputy out of her car. And like HILO, all the other news agencies ( the few that reported it.) have said all of the LEOs involved are in recovery.

For the record, he was not armed with an AK-47 but rather two pistols.

One of the pistols (the Draco) is rumored to be a 'gun walker' program weapon, word leaked out after the Feds showed up and some buds at APD are pissed it's being kept quiet.

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
11b101abn said:
That Deputy looked to me like she was shot, and simply gave up. IF that is the case, she might need to retire out, or take a hard look at how she approaches the job.

How exactly does one look like they just 'gave up'?

She' looks' like someone who just took a 7.62 round to the thigh that broke her femur, blew apart both legs if the 1st femoral split, and her GSV. For the record, she lost so much blood and so fast that she was nearly unconscious by the time they ran out of the station (seconds). They drilled two large bores and pushed nearly three bags in the less then 10 minutes it took to get her to UNMH 6 miles away.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
LineSpotter said:
One of the pistols (the Draco) is rumored to be a 'gun walker' program weapon,

What's this???

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
Sounds like this responder was there. I thought I overheard the first officer radioing that there was an active shooter with a rifle.

Great job by all responders. Again; glad she survived.

LineSpotter said:
How exactly does one look like they just 'gave up'?

She' looks' like someone who just took a 7.62 round to the thigh that broke her femur, blew apart both legs if the 1st femoral split, and her GSV. For the record, she lost so much blood and so fast that she was nearly unconscious by the time they ran out of the station (seconds). They drilled two large bores and pushed nearly three bags in the less then 10 minutes it took to get her to UNMH 6 miles away.

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
jswwjw said:
Sounds like this responder was there. I thought I overheard the first officer radioing that there was an active shooter with a rifle.

Great job by all responders. Again; glad she survived.

That's how it was called in, he baited responders by telling neighbors he had a rifle and to call it in. They did while he moved two blocks over to the street he knew they would likely be using to get to his house, he then waited for them to approach and opened up. The media also kept reporting he used a 'machine gun' or 'assault rifle', but he used two handguns, a 7.62 M57 and a 7.62 Draco.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
LineSpotter said:
The media also kept reporting he used a 'machine gun' or 'assault rifle', but he used two handguns, a 7.62 M57 and a 7.62 Draco.

Of course they would. Nothing pushes the anti-gunners agenda more than the liberal MSM misreporting every crime that involves a firearm and assume it was an "assault rifle" Disgusting is what it is....

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
jswwjw said:
I normally do not respond to certain comments like the one from 11b101abn so I thought we could do a little test.
Come on down to Mississippi; I'll shoot you in the femoral artery with my AK47 and you can tell me how much of a real bad ass you are as you

sit there and bleed out.

Really?

Sorry; fellow officer support bitching over now.

Glad she survived.

Where did I call myself a badass, or even assert that I was? Nowhere and at no time did I disparage her service. I commented on her survival mindset. Nothing more. Un-wad your panties.

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
11b101abn said:
Where did I call myself a badass, or even assert that I was? Nowhere and at no time did I disparage her service. I commented on her survival mindset. Nothing more. Un-wad your panties.

"I commented on her survival mindset"

Which was.....?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.