Alerte Systems International LTD - Halogen visor light

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Back again with a find that I have been searching for, for quite some time. Growing up and working in Wisconsin, I was used to seeing vollies with red/white lights. When I was in kindergarten a family friend upgraded to one of these in red/white and it was the COOLEST thing for the time. She had a red Jeep Cherokee with the visor light, a slow headlight flasher, and siren. I still remember how effective it seemed to this day.

Pretty excited to find one of these in halogen, as I had never seen one offered before; only the various strobe models. Not sure if all of the halogen models had three modes or if this was an upgrade.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Cool Tony. We had the R/B Strobe version on the chiefs car at my PD years ago. It was the first strobe we ever had. Not very bright in the daytime. Still a cool light. They had the halo lens that clear around the lens edges. Like a spitfire. You find the rare ones. In Illinois we had the Blue lights- no siren for Vol. FF povs. I always ran a fireball. It worked great on the roof especially at night.

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Cool Tony. We had the R/B Strobe version on the chiefs car at my PD years ago. It was the first strobe we ever had. Not very bright in the daytime. Still a cool light. They had the halo lens that clear around the lens edges. Like a spitfire. You find the rare ones. In Illinois we had the Blue lights- no siren for Vol. FF povs. I always ran a fireball. It worked great on the roof especially at night.
This is definitely brighter than I remember the strobe units being. I can't say (other than for POV use) that I have ever seen one of these or the strobe units actually in service.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Nice finding.

I have never seen the halogen version before either.

Have you looked inside to see what bulbs and flasher that are used?

I have both the single flash and the double flash in strobe versions.
Both in blue but I have red spare lenses in red if I want to change.

The lenses are the standard Stratolite ones.
I have wanted to get the halo lenses but never come around to get any.

Have you seen that Alerte have scratch an A on the lenses?

Michael

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I haven't opened it up yet. I'll be sure to post what I find when I do. I haven't seen an A scratched in the lenses of the other strobe ones that I have owned....but I wasn't really looking for it either.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
My old Fire Captain had one of these, in Blue/Blue.

If I remember correctly he had to stop using it because PA passed a law post Sept 11th that did not allow internal lighting.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I finally get to see what light this lens belongs to. I have had it in my tub of lenses for
many years. I just couldn't bring myself to throw out an NOS lens.

That particular lens belongs to a strobe model. Looks the same, but with strobes! Cool!

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
@Pete L.
I have measured one of my spare standard lenses and the diameter is 4” of the part the goes through the hole on the front face of the light with an overall diameter including the flange of 4” 7/32.

The red lens has the Alerte part number 10,060 and is originally a Stratolite 036A.

Maybe you could measure your halo lens?

Michael

Jun 18, 2013
PA
They appear to be wedge style bulbs..
I think some of these were halogen, but I would be concerned with heat issues and melting if they were.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.