Alien and start-up...

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Hey all...

A friend of mine want to get his first lightbar for the kick of it. Would be in amber to be mounted on a LADA Niva 4x4 to help his fellow 4x4 lovers get outta the mud... :D

Yeah... he'll be the towing kinda guy...

Soooo: he want it to look old and vintage... he's hesitating between a code 3 xl 5000 or mx7000. He don't have much money to spend on it; low maintenance lightbar and not too much of an amp hog... (remember: russian alternators...) :mrgreen:

What would you suggest to him... Not only between the mx & xl5000; any other suggestion is welcome.

Also, we were watching Alien 2 and he challenged me to guess the amber beacons on the ceiling on that scene where the space station is about to blow off... What is it? I can't answer!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.