All emergency equipment brands both past and present?

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
I'm just trying to compile a list of emergency equipment brands (most specifically lights and siren brands). Here are the ones I can think of so far.

911ep
Able2-Sho ME
Akron
Akron Brass
Alpurlite
Arrow
Baeder Brown
B+M
Carpenter
Cats Eye
Code3
Dazlray
Dietz
Do-Ray
Dominion Auto
ECCO
Edwards
Federal Signal
Feniex
Fiamm
Griffin
Grimes
Grote
Guide
Hella
HG2
JazzDad Industries
K-D Lamp
Lectric Lites
Mars
McDermott
McDonald Arneson
Meteor
Microman
Motorola
North American
Perko
Peterson
Powerarc
Rontan
Roto-rays
Signal Stat
Signal Vehicle Products /SVP
Sireno
Smith&Wesson
Sound Off Signal
S+M
Star Headlight and Lantern
Sterling
Tomar
Tri-Lite
Trio
UnityUSA
Vanner
Weldon
Whacker Technologies
Whelen
Yankee

*Other companies that tsquale calls Chinese garbage companies*
Speed Tech Lights

I'm sure I'm missing a lot. Just reply and tell me what I missed so that I can add them.

Last edited:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
First...it would help if you alphabetized them. Second...I would not count Speed Tech and the numerous Chinese garbage companies in your list.

Third...
911ep
Sound Off Signal
Dietz
Sireno
Do-Ray
Able2-Sho ME
Rontan
UnityUSA
Dominion Auto

and many more

Reactions: xtermn8

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
First...it would help if you alphabetized them. Second...I would not count Speed Tech and the numerous Chinese garbage companies in your list.

Third...
911ep
Sound Off Signal
Dietz
Sireno
Do-Ray
Able2-Sho ME
Rontan
UnityUSA
Dominion Auto

and many more
I totally forgot Sound Off and Able2. Not to mention HG2.

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland

Third...
911ep
Sound Off Signal
Dietz
Sireno
Do-Ray
Able2-Sho ME
Rontan
UnityUSA
Dominion Auto

and many more
Is STL the only 'Chinese garbage company' I have or am I being blind?

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Under Chinese lights don't forget to include:
哦是過一次的機會,
And 在乎過度解讀,
and I can't believe you forgot 有點類似事件再度出現問題!
Geez, everyone loves that last company's motto of "quarter-brightness happy lite so brite at nite. You pay. you make happy"
Oh, and lastly don't forget the Chinese lights that are so covert & undercover they don't even have labels on them! ;). I think JDI may make those.

Under 'Merican lights, you can add Tri-lite.

Reactions: JazzDad and xtermn8

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
Under Chinese lights don't forget to include:
哦是過一次的機會,
And 在乎過度解讀,
and I can't believe you forgot 有點類似事件再度出現問題!
Geez, everyone loves that last company's motto of "quarter-brightness happy lite so brite at nite. You pay. you make happy"
Oh, and lastly don't forget the Chinese lights that are so covert & undercover they don't even have labels on them! ;). I think JDI may make those.

Under 'Merican lights, you can add Tri-lite.
99% certain that those are random Chinese characters. I googled them and i got nothing. Good motos though xD

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Yeah, they're just random characters--nearly identical to how the Chinese brands change names each week! I have no idea what the characters mean. And the "quarter brightness light..." quote was supposed to imitate really poorly translated Chinese into English. All in good fun--unless you bought a Chinese light--on which case there is nothing fun about uninstalling it once it fails or catches fire.

Reactions: xtermn8

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Signal Stat
Yankee,
North American
Griffin
K-D Lamp
Cats Eye
McDermott
Lectric Lites
Arrow
Akron Brass
Alpurlite
Dazlray
Grote
Smith&Wesson
Sterling
B+M
Trio
S+M
Grimes
Meteor
Perko
McDonald Arneson
Weldon
Guide
Baeder Brown
ECCO

Last edited:
Reactions: jph2

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
Yeah, they're just random characters--nearly identical to how the Chinese brands change names each week! I have no idea what the characters mean. And the "quarter brightness light..." quote was supposed to imitate really poorly translated Chinese into English. All in good fun--unless you bought a Chinese light--on which case there is nothing fun about uninstalling it once it fails or catches fire.
Never bought a Chinese light, never will. I'm kinda loyal to Code3 since my first light ever was a Code3 Deckblaster 805RB. But if we're talking practicality, Whelen/FedSig are totally worth it. Code3 I just don't particularly like at all. I love the Federal Signal Valors though. 10/10 would put on a POV.

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
Thanks everybody for all the help. This is probably all of them, but if there are any others i'll always take more!

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
How about equipment that was made by one company and rebranded for another, like Galls, Earnest Holmes, and Darley?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Never mind alphabetizing them. List them in order of importance.

1. JDI

Reactions: toon80 and bmd224

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
How about equipment that was made by one company and rebranded for another, like Galls, Earnest Holmes, and Darley?
Not sure if that counts.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Before SVP was Signal Vehicle Products, it was Southern Vehicle Products. SVP is now part of Star Headlight and Lantern.

My first dashlight was a green teardrop from Southern back in my volunteer ambulance days in IL. Had to give it back when I moved back to MI.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
How about Carson, Trippe, General Electric, and Scientific Prototypes?

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
Never mind alphabetizing them. List them in order of importance.

1. JDI
Noting how you seem to even have named yourself after JDI, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're pretty loyal to them :p

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Who made the 5-0 light? The pancake looking thing with two metal mirrored-wing reflectors hanging off the top?
Also, who made that giant round red beacon with a metal skirt that would raise up a pole & become a scene light?

xtermn8

Oct 27, 2016
Maryland
Weird lights 0_o

Reactions: Tony P

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Emergency Equipment Corp. (Smith & Wesson Lightbars)
Mac Police Equipment (Five-0) At least that was who we bought them from in 1995.
Brooking Industries
Juluen
Kahaki (Don't think that's spelled right, they made some dash strobes)

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
going to add a couple brands to this from the great white north home of maple syrup lol these two brands are canadian made canadian owned

SWS AKA safety warning systems they make light bars and many other warning lights

D&R electronics most noted down in the US for the power distribution boards for emergency vehicles they make many lightbars, light heads, control systems, siren systems, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.