All LED cruise light steady burn - Liberty

LargeSarge

Jul 7, 2012
Massachusetts
I've searched the posts, but unable to find the answer to this (sorry if it's been discussed).

Question: Is it possible to light all the LED modules (except takedowns and alley lights) to turn on with the corner cruise lights? I'm trying to illuminate the whole lightbar with the dim lit lights...

Thanks, from a new and happy subscriber!

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Someone had posted somewhere that lighting the whole bar looked confusing at night, and caused motorists to pull over thinking you are responding to an emergency or doing a traffic stop.

Reactions: Thebakerman

LargeSarge

Jul 7, 2012
Massachusetts
NPS Ranger said:
Someone had posted somewhere that lighting the whole bar looked confusing at night, and caused motorists to pull over thinking you are responding to an emergency or doing a traffic stop.

My intentions would be to use it while parked, such as during a night time construction area, or to help others find your location on a call... Not used while driving per se.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
LargeSarge said:
My intentions would be to use it while parked, such as during a night time construction area, or to help others find your location on a call... Not used while driving per se.

I think this is fantastic... also, when the whole bar glows during an otherwise "normal" flash pattern it does wonders for tracking of an emergency vehicle at night.

There must be some way to accomplish this, as I've seen a Mass SP cruiser working on night details in the Springfield Rt 91 area with this setup.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I did this with my libertys that I had in the past. I used them for when I was on scene of a call and didnt need a whole lot of flashing. I was only able to do this with the Wecan version.

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_CIMG0352.jpg

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_CIMG0353.jpg

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_DSC00309.jpg

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I like that idea, it seems as though it would be better for night time. People always talk about flash patterns when your stopped on the side of the road at an incident. This seems like it would work well for that. Set up the blocker truck and keep the traffic moving with the steadyburn on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.