All-On-High Mod

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
This isn't really an "emergency eqeuipment" tip or trick, but it does help to put more light on the road while you're driving.

I am not the creator of this mod, I'm merely here to pass it on. I found this mod on the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club Forum

Here is the link to the forum topic that explains how to do the mod.

All On High Headlight Mod w/ Full Time DRL

The link and the pdf file contained there-in are very easy to follow and have pictures for every step.

It's stated that this is for 2003-2006 Avalanches, but can be done with all GM800 Series trucks, and some earlier models of trucks and other GM models. As long as you have the relay driven headlight/fog lights that are in the under hood power center, this should work. The new GM900 series trucks already have this stock, but you could use it to make the fog lights stay on when you activate your high beams.

It also may be possible for this to be done on other makes of vehicles as well, but I have not tried it on any other makes/models as of yey.

This is a VERY cheap mod and it throws a ton more light on the road. But be mindfull of your states laws about forward facing white lights... Here in PA you are allowed to have up to 3 sets (6 lamps total) on at one time.

Hope you enjoy and post pics of your finished products!!!

Here's my Avalanche after I finished this mod. It literally took my under 10 minutes... LOL

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_100_1391.jpg

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Kinda off topic, but how is your lightbar mounted to your roof? I have an Explorer Sport Trac and I would like to keep my roof rails so maybe a permanent mount? Is that what you did? Just curious... thanks!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
zach3713 said:
Did this mod on my 2006 Silverado, works flawlessly so far! THANKS!

Glad you like it... I've alway bought those relay kits to acomplish this, but this is simpler and cheaper...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
911signal said:
THANKS! good idea

No prob... Like I said, I got this from an Avalanche forum I'm a member of, so it's not my idea... Just spreading the word for other people... :thumbsup:

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
03crownvic said:
LOL at your thread topic. I thought you were going to gripe about a board moderator.....
Thank God, I'm not the only one that thought that when I first seen the title!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
03crownvic said:
LOL at your thread topic. I thought you were going to gripe about a board moderator.....

Newberry13 said:
Thank God, I'm not the only one that thought that when I first seen the title!

If it were going to be a gripe, why would I put it here where a moderator has to approve the thread before its posted...? LOL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.