ALl you ICOM gurus!!! CHeck this pleae.. i need help asap!

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I have an ICOM IC-F320 VHF radio im trying to re-program. I have the software, and a USB programming cable. I Downloaded the driver software, And the programming software. Im using an Acer Aspire 5610. ( Oldest computer i have) I Re-assigned the Cable to COM PORT1, and when i click "clone">"Read" it says "wait a moment" and doesent do anything else. Does this radio need to be put into a "programming" mode?

I bought it from General723, and he has been a TREMENDOUS help! He programmed it for me when i bought it, but i messed up a few numbers, and it made a huge difference. But He's not suer either. im suer it something simple, but idk? HELP!!!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I've heard of marginal results with the USB cables. Do you have a serial port? Are you able to get a serial cable?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The IC-F320 does not have a "programming mode" or anything like that. The newest software for programming the IC-F320 runs in a DOS box, and does not have native support for USB. You will need some kind of driver or emulator that makes a pseudo COM port for the USB cable before the programming software will work.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Make sure that that driver picks a COM port that is not in use by something else. For instance, if that serial to USB driver picks COM2 and you have a dial-up modem at COM2, there will be a conflict and things won't work.

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
i agree with couple of the other posters. try using a regular serial cable. do you have a desk top with a serial port? try that. i have had better luck with them as opposed to the usb ones.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
Yes, i have a desktop , but it is Vista Premium and i cant get it to open a DOS based software.. Ive tried it with a few different Dos based software's and it wont open them...

Does anyone have a USB cable that they got to work??

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
localhero800 said:
Yes, i have a desktop , but it is Vista Premium and i cant get it to open a DOS based software.. Ive tried it with a few different Dos based software's and it wont open them...

Does anyone have a USB cable that they got to work??

There's your problem. ;) Vista sucks!!! :lol:

If the softare is DOS based, the OS is likely too new and the emulator won't work right. You'd need a dinosaur computer for that. That's why I hold only the brick I have.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
Oh dont worry.. i want to throw them ALL out.. i HATE vista! It is the worst ever!! And i know.. I dont have any computers that have 95/98 or xp.. Didnt ever think i would need them.. :/

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
It should work just fine. If that fails, then you can be reasonably sure that your USB cable or USB to serial driver is at fault.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
Downloaded it off the CD, and it opens the program, and when i click on Clone, read.. it says " Cannot make a tempory file. Is program disk write protected? is more than 20k of disk space aval? " i know there is 20 k of disk space.. and im pretty sure that its not write protected..

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I'm not sure if this is what you mean by 'downloaded' but try this if you haven't:

• Make a new folder on your Desktop, call it cs-f300 or something like that.
    Copy everything from the CD into that folder and wait until it is finished copying.
    Eject the CD and put it in a safe place. Do not skip this step!
    Open the cs-f300 folder and double click on ICCF300.exe to launch the program.
    Proceed as usual. It should work just fine.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I guess it's either time to try a different copy of the programming software, or to send the radio in to someone for programming.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.