Allentown Spring Melt Fireshow 2023

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Saturday April 22nd and Sunday the 23rd.
Saturday is the auction, and Sunday is where the fun is at.

Doors open @9AM for the Swap meet on Sunday, it mentions early access @7AM for certain ticket holders.

I should be there Sunday like usual.

Rob

Jun 18, 2013
PA
adding to this..

I can bring this if anyone is interested.
Its right around the corner.

Hopefully see some familiar faces.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Now that I have a more "time off friendly" job I should go to these. Looks like plenty of notice was given when it was posted initially, of course at that time there was no way I could have gotten the time off. Please continue to post these ahead of time like with this one. Happy hunting everyone.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
And another year come and gone,
Mixed views on this years turn out. There was plenty to ogle but pickings were slimmer then usual. nice thing is my wallet came out on top this year with only 1 purchase.

The whole early access buyer premise is one I found odd. Half the fun of these swap meets is finding the cherries. However if its all gonna be picked apart by the usual suspects before the public is even let in.. then this dies.

my .02

Jun 18, 2013
PA
From what I can seen there were less vendors

Your right, there were less vendors with some notable open areas. There also was a higher ratio of vendors selling memorabilia vs lighting and equipment.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
So essentially the gun show trend; more trinkets and commemorative stuff and less real guns.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So essentially the gun show trend; more trinkets and commemorative stuff and less real guns.
Yeah pretty much.
I haven't been to a gun show in forever.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yeah pretty much.
I haven't been to a gun show in forever.
I stopped going to gun shows after getting up super early to go to one and finding everything was a $5000 AR, framed dog tags, or political stickers that overestimated how clever they sounder. Oh and there were old VHS war movies, misc MIL surplus camping gear, and knives that went with matching throwing stars. I just wanted to browse the sub $1500 used firearms and that was such a minority I felt like I wasted my morning.

I hope the melt is just recovering from COVID and not going down that road.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.