Almost there....

RoaddoggAK

May 24, 2010
Erie, PA
http://firephoto46.smugmug.com/WRFD/Eng ... 5984_WCimG

Here are the complete list of the photos we've gotten from Sutphen. They are also on our Facebook page (those are the most up to date since I update them) We are West ridge Fire Department on FB as well.

It's been a very short and frenetic pace with this rig. We got a committee going in Febuary and are looking at completion and in service by the end of January. It didn't take a lot of time to figure out what we needed, the guys involved all had a pretty good idea of that. Sutphen has been great to work with, great communication between myself and sales/engineering.

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
Did you post these pics on youngstownfire.com also? I saw them on there earlier. Good looking truck. I wish I had more pictures from the construction of ours.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
WOAH! can you say scene lighting? I like it. I am always finding that our rescue, could use more scene lighthing, even though it has a boat load. This looks like more than enough.

RoaddoggAK

May 24, 2010
Erie, PA
2 750 Watt lights each side. The one behind the ladders will swivel in case we need it on the rear. Same wattage with the front brow lights. All are switched from the cab, one switch for each side. The WilBurt is a 3000 Watt 15' model. The pair of M9's are really just in case the generator fails (15k SmartPower). And the 600 Series on the rear are wired into the reverse circuit, in addition to being switched from the cab. We used those in stead of the typical Collins lights, they always seem to get banged around.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoaddoggAK

May 24, 2010
Erie, PA
Yes, they are HID's. We've got a couple of m/a companies that have retrofitted them into all of their rigs, and love them. I couldn't sell my dept on retrofitting them, but was able to get a pair in the new engine. I'm willing to bet that as soon as a couple of drivers get to go out at night with them, we'll be switching the rest of the trucks over to them. I think they were about a $1300 option from Sutphen.

The only downfall is that I IIRC, you can't use a headlight flasher with them. Not a big deal for me, I think there is enough warning up front with the fully populated lightbar and the 2 pods above the headlights.

Mr911

Jun 2, 2010
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Gorgeous Sutphen!!!!! Best of luck with it! BTW...for those of you who haven't heard, the new scuttle is that NFPA will soon require (with the next revision) brow lights on all newly manufactured apparatus.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Mr911 said:
Gorgeous Sutphen!!!!! Best of luck with it! BTW...for those of you who haven't heard, the new scuttle is that NFPA will soon require (with the next revision) brow lights on all newly manufactured apparatus.

What are brow lights? Example?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
FireEMSPolice said:
What are brow lights? Example?

On the front, above the windshield

2010-12-15_09-51-41_963.jpg

RoaddoggAK

May 24, 2010
Erie, PA
FFRNDAN` said:
Do I see CAFS? Our mutual aid dept just got a CAFS retrofit on their engine, and I have to say I love it.

Nope, not CAFS, just Class A out of the 3-1 3/4" attack lines and the booster line. It's a Hale Foamlogix 3.3 System with a 25 gallon integral foam tank. It's our first go around wiht on board proportioning, we just run eductors on everything else.

RoaddoggAK

May 24, 2010
Erie, PA
Yes, its a 200W DX5200. There aren't alot of them in our area, most don't even add the secondary electronic siren over the Q.

Final inspectin was Monday, and we hardly found any problems. Some minor paint issues, a burnt out light tower bulb, and a chip in the windshield have all been taken care of and the truck is now out for equipment mounting. Delivery is slated for next Friday in the evening!

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
RoaddoggAK said:
Yes, its a 200W DX5200. There aren't alot of them in our area, most don't even add the secondary electronic siren over the Q.

I can put up with the sound of mechanical and electronic together, but I don't like the sound of mechanical by itself on a modern fire engine. Every time I hear a mechanical siren by itself I think 'antique fire engine'.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Wailer said:
I can put up with the sound of mechanical and electronic together, but I don't like the sound of mechanical by itself on a modern fire engine. Every time I hear a mechanical siren by itself I think 'antique fire engine'.
Then we must agree to disagree. :D I love the sound of a Q on a fire apparatus. When I hear it, I immediately think "fire truck coming though, get out of the way!"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.