Wanted Amber white duo 500 for liberty 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Hello all im looking for 2 liberty 1 500 heads with white and amber duo leds if anyone has any please let me know

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Its just a wecan board with duo functionality duo liberty 1 bars are really rare apparently (most duo applications are just for traffic adviser functions but mine has front duo white amber 500s and extended duo amber white corners all I've been able to find is blue amber 500s was hoping someone might have some duo 500s smart or dumb heads (both will work) can set smart heads to steady burn to run with the setup my bar is a custom build unit so its possible its a liberty 2 i/o board the heads are original liberty 1 heads though I hope i might have some luck if not ill get the blue amber heads and get the blues swapped to white

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
20201227_001058.jpg20201227_001042.jpg

Amber blue duo liberty 1 head 500 series

20201227_001026.jpg
Duo white blue corner liberty 1

I cant seem to find anything on the liberty 1 duo abilities eather but my guess is they did duo for a very brief period before the liberty 2 came out the i/o board for the liberty 2 looks the same as mine but mine says liberty not liberty 2 so maybe its an extremely rare animal i do have a 54" with the same heads but its a custom unit I purchased from a member here its also a wecan bar if you know of some leads on any duo 500 linier heads please let me know very interested in tracking down some

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
you may be better off sending your exsisting heads to member wilsonbr, he can convert them to whatever color you wish

*this is my opinion only and not a site endorsement*

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I sadly don't have the extra heads was hoping someone had a couple around I do have some other heads i need to send to him though but I haven't heard back from him yet

Reactions: Dave F

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I never knew it had trio as an option thats pretty rare im guessing for liberty 1 bars duo is hard enough to track down lol

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Then it wasn't gen 1 it had to be gen 2 cause ones came in sc or lc, after that before it became liberty 2's it must have gone duo and trio, damn I miss the old website!

I believe you're mistaken. I posted literature advertising Duo and Trio models in another thread the other day.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Duo liberty 1s are only made for a couple years that im aware of i never seen a trio liberty 1 i dont know how they would do it lol the duo heads are pretty packed but could have been 3 colors done by groups of 4 leds but who knows lol

Anyways still looking for the duo amber/white 500 heads

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Do you have a link? Would be interesting to see a trio liberty 1 bar

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
That liberty 1 trio is very cool but according to the comments on the video its limited in color configuration so basically amber users are limited to duos lol still baller for the time :)

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I believe you're mistaken. I posted literature advertising Duo and Trio models in another thread the other day.
Yes I read that, but the first generation was single color, the second generation was the duo trio that your suggesting based off that advertising. Based on the fact that it lists the first gen bars sx and so on, and I had previously asked whelen techs about duo colors on my sx. I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying what you posted was not liberty 2 but the second generation of liberty 1's with different models, the old whelen website listed the full range of liberty 1 generations.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Ok let me clear up what a revision is and a generation is Nolines liberty 1 bars are all first generation but the duo and trio are revisions liberty 2 is second generation this is what's confusing everyone here is everyone knows liberty 1 is first gen the later ones are revisions the liberty 2 is the second generation

I hope this clears up confusion :)

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Ya the generations and revisions get confusing lol its still interesting seeing how a product evolved including the updated endcaps and led changes among other upgrades as time went on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.