lafrance2a.jpg
lanfrance3a.jpg

Reactions: tsquale

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I so would love to own that lightbar
I had a chance to buy one for $1500 but couldn't figure our how to ship it. They are very much part of the cab. They do have a frame but the split apart in chunks that do lend themselves to shipping. I think the way to get one now is junk yard in person salvage trip.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I had a chance to buy one for $1500 but couldn't figure our how to ship it. They are very much part of the cab. They do have a frame but the split apart in chunks that do lend themselves to shipping. I think the way to get one now is junk yard in person salvage trip.
Looks like a unique bar, to bad mine doesnt get firetrucks :( (i have gotten lights off school buses and ambulances though from my local place for dirt cheap)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Looks like a unique bar, to bad mine doesnt get firetrucks :( (i have gotten lights off school buses and ambulances though from my local place for dirt cheap)
I am currently trying to track down where every Lafrace that sells locally on govdeals goes. I then offer to replace the bar or remove it if its becoming a "Nonfire" truck. So far everyone has had concerns how the truck will look without it.

I also am looking for a FastTrax, which is another "built in" from Whelen I want.

Reactions: C17LVFD
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I am currently trying to track down where every Lafrace that sells locally on govdeals goes. I then offer to replace the bar or remove it if its becoming a "Nonfire" truck. So far everyone has had concerns how the truck will look without it.

I also am looking for a FastTrax, which is another "built in" from Whelen I want.
In looking for to many parts and not enough money to finish all these bars i have needing the parts.

Almost considering just scrapping everything

ChaleVato

Oct 18, 2019
Washington
Might be taking this off.......
Just have to figure out what to do about my clearance / ICC lights.

Attachments

• 20220605_121929.jpg
    20220605_121929.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: fp13-2

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here are some pics I had lying around of a bar. I also have begun acquiring a bar, minus the frame which will prove and interesting build. I am searching fire truck graveyards for the frame and remaining parts.

url.jpgalfwhel.jpgWhelenFireTruckBar04-vi.jpg

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Get a couple more corners and enough of the straight sections and you can make yourself a giant O-shaped bar that goes around the entire perimeter of the roof of your vehicle! Talk about 360° coverage...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Get a couple more corners and enough of the straight sections and you can make yourself a giant O-shaped bar that goes around the entire perimeter of the roof of your vehicle! Talk about 360° coverage...
I'm trying to make the ultimate 360 degree coverage...

Reactions: ur20v

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
Keep a eye on muncibid Philadelphia occasionally auctions trucks with these bars or very rarely the bars themselves or at least partial bars.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Does anyone know what whelen strobe tubes are used? Are they the 600 series? I need to replace them with LEDs cause strobes are no longer available and if I do find them, they are through the roof.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Does anyone know what whelen strobe tubes are used? Are they the 600 series? I need to replace them with LEDs cause strobes are no longer available and if I do find them, they are through the roof.
600 series is standard/correct. The brackets will hold 600 LEDs just fine. Many places retrofit them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.