Wanted Ancient Whelen Equipment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANDJET

Apr 30, 2015
Boston USA
Looking for the wire that leads off of the Whelen Transporter or anything that can be used to replace it. 

I am looking for ITEM #4 from the original legend which is part number:  R S 2 4 C NETWORK HARNESS

This is the wire that i believe is called the Communication Wire that runs from the MGXPORT to the MCP01 Controller to program 

the flash patterns.

I have everything else to operate the transporter and the last time i used it was in 2004. I kept all the transporter gear in good condition

over the last decade. I recently got back into towing and pulled the stuff out as i bought used BL10000 bars and mounted them on my trucks.

over the years i see Whelen got rid of this product which i dont understand, B-LINK was fun and best flawless system i ever saw, at same time i know the world has turned to LED but have no real love for it. I always preferred the Strobes over LED as Strobes project the flash rather than sit and blink giving much better warning power.

What ive noticed on Police and Ambulances is that because of the LED they now require better sirens because they have to be heard to actually be seen, as the strobes project the light and gather much more attention long before they arrive to pass you.

So my wreckers all have Strobes on them and we believe we still get  the best response working in traffic and standing on the roadside.

Reactions: Retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.