And another one!

Saw this pop up on facebook market place and jumped at it. With the exception of it needing some internal work the exterior was in decent shape save for a small dent in the top of the speaker housing. This bar is going to get the NYPD treatment. 2 outboard rotors and 2 inboard flashers

No photo description available.

LRGJr72

Premium Member
Honestly, just getting your hands on those endcaps was working making the grab. They are getting pretty rare on account of getting brittle with age. Take care of those!

lotsofbars

Veteran Member
Looks good. I hope finding clear domes for that (if you don't have them already) proves to be possible for you, because they're nearly impossible to find in usable condition.

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Looks to be in good shape. I do have a used clear dome (see thread linked below) that I would sell cheap.

Honestly, just getting your hands on those endcaps was working making the grab. They are getting pretty rare on account of getting brittle with age. Take care of those!
End caps are in great condition. My big issue is I have no idea how the internals of this bar work. However, I have a few days off this week so this may be my project this week

Looks to be in good shape. I do have a used clear dome (see thread linked below) that I would sell cheap.

PM sent

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Supporter
Internals are pretty straight forward...rotators, flashers and speaker housing are mounted on pans that are screwed to the frame...wiring runs through the frame under the pans. The photo seems to show two rotators on one side--a 1st generation rotator outboard (solid can) and a gen 2 or 3 (vented can and depending on where the motor is located--2 top; 3 bottom of shaft). I have NOS gen1 rotators and flashers if you are interested.

Internals are pretty straight forward...rotators, flashers and speaker housing are mounted on pans that are screwed to the frame...wiring runs through the frame under the pans. The photo seems to show two rotators on one side--a 1st generation rotator outboard (solid can) and a gen 2 or 3 (vented can and depending on where the motor is located--2 top; 3 bottom of shaft). I have NOS gen1 rotators and flashers if you are interested.
So each rotor has its own motor? Also sending a PM now

stansdds

Veteran Member
So each rotor has its own motor? Also sending a PM now
Yes, each rotating pod contains its own motor and drive gear. Somewhere on this board is a thread detailing the different generations of the internals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phil2267
Top Bottom