And Now For Something Completely Different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
Visi-Flash products in good or better shape are in demand.. Folks collect these.. Original Dietz 670/650 products not farmed out to other vendors are the best to find such as the one posted. Well done!!

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I had so many of those damn things i couldnt give away...........so what did i do you may ask???

Easy.........gave them to my local dpw and said here, you can use these more than i can :)

Reactions: southpaw

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
I tore into one of those when I was a kid. Said transistorized on the label, so we tore open the little module to look at the transistor.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
The blue one is a Dietz. I like the rust. Lens in great shape. I added a Led C7 bulb. The next light is a Star brand. Has amber and red side lenses. Maybe railroad light. Batteries are expensive

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
He is something of interest.
1958 - Dietz introduced the Visi-Flasher
1962 - Dietz opened their Visi-Flasher rental office in Chicago.
1963 - Opened a VF rental office in Detroit
1965 - Opened a VF rental office in Boston.
1991 - Dietz sold the tooling for the Visi-Flasher to Reva Plastics of Weedsport, NY
2001 - Reva files bankruptcy and the tooling for the Visi-Flasher was moved to China.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
These are the three I have. Left to right, an all blue empco model 100, a Reva model 672, and finally a Dietz model 670. Prior to my ownership, someone drilled and mounted the switch to the outer case of the 670. All still work though! My favorite is the empco in solid blue, with the Reva being second due to the different lens style. Also the Reva has steady on mode as well as flash. All are photocell controlled.

ChrisIMG_20191018_120429136_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skulldigger

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
This McDermott is cool. Got it off eBay. Amber LED. It has the electric eye. It has a single 6 volt battery. When I opened the shipping box it was flashing. It was activated during shipping in the dark box.

Reactions: dmathieu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.