Anne Arundel County Maryland Squad 7 Responce

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Just a quick video i shot on my vacation down to Maryland. I was riding along on the ambulance for the day

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Except for the split fail on the 900s, it's a very nicely lit truck.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
Um, it has stacks, a roto ray, powercall, did i mention stacks, and its a heavy rescue. Holy shit

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
hoisy71 said:
If only it had a real Q

When the sound of a electronically simulated mechanical tone becomes more popular, real Qs will be obsolete.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Rusted413 said:
Love the roto-ray and the mars light. Not as excited about the non-sync'ed 900's on the body. Great looking truck - looks similar to DC's paint scheme.

There is acctually a reason to the simalar paint. The chief of this station is acctually a firefighter on DC's rescue 2 so this truck is very simalar to it with paint and compatment layout

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
Wailer said:
When the sound of a electronically simulated mechanical tone becomes more popular, real Qs will be obsolete.

Not quite sure I buy that. Admittedly, we have switched from the real Q to the Screaming Eagle (I believe due to current draw), but it's still an electromechanical siren.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Wailer said:

I doubt it. Electromechanical sirens are far superior to standard electronic sirens due to the way that the sound is generated, not the sound it makes alone.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
If I had to choose a state to be a Vollie FF, Maryland would be the place...their depts seem to have a lot of nice trucks, good call volume, get a lot of nice action (incl. station backfill to DC), etc. My chief in NY was a vollie in PGC, MD for 4 years and loved it

WS224 said:
I doubt it. Electromechanical sirens are far superior to standard electronic sirens due to the way that the sound is generated, not the sound it makes alone.

It also depends on the user, b/c some idiots don't take their foot off of the pedal and it makes a loud, effective siren turn into $hit

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
WS224 said:

I am arguing from the standpoint of technological change. Federal used to make a wide variety of mechanical sirens - now they make only one. And they've been trying to make an electronic siren that will simulate the 'Q' sound (for those who like that sound). When they make something that sounds close enough, the mechanical Q will be obsolete.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Wailer said:
I am arguing from the standpoint of technological change. Federal used to make a wide variety of mechanical sirens - now they make only one. And they've been trying to make an electronic siren that will simulate the 'Q' sound (for those who like that sound). When they make something that sounds close enough, the mechanical Q will be obsolete.

Ah......

Well I hope not, for the same reason I said before. Not the sound, but the way it is made. Mechanical sirens just work better.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.