Another Ebay steal

Skulldigger

Site Guru
I hope this wans't anyone's on this site. Saw this on Ebay a week ago. Said " Non Working Federal Signal CP-100?? Fire Police Rescue Siren Speaker'. In comments it said "Sold as Parts". I had a spare driver and inside cone for one so I thought what the heck I will give it a try. The starting bid was $9.99 so I bid $50. Well I waited and nobody else bid on the thing. I picked it up for $9.99. Well it came today and It looks great. Tested the speaker just to see and it works perfectly. Not sure why they thought it as not working. It's like a new one.

Can't find a date or a wattage on it. Anyone have any idea based on features?

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Supporter
Dead giveaway for 58w is the chrome cap...first generation CPs (Adam 12). All subsequent speakers had the pop riveted tag on the cone. IMHO the most attractive CP evah!!

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Supporter
BTW...the 100 watt driver is considerably larger than the 58w (duh) by a couple of inches in depth. There is a spacer nut (about 2”) between the 58w driver and the acorn nut on the back of the CP housing. It is possible to upgrade drivers or swap the cone—like I said...most attractive CP evah!!

OP
OP
Skulldigger

Skulldigger

Site Guru
Cool thanks everyone. Is better than I thought. Anyone know when the CP-25 first came out?

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
Helluva grab, Skulldigger! Good catch on that one, and it worked like a charm too, lol.

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Supporter
Cool thanks everyone. Is better than I thought. Anyone know when the CP-25 first came out?
I think the CP came out about the same time as the mod11 Twin BeaconRay--early/mid 60s. FedSig did have a chrome speaker for the early electronic sirens, but it looked like a 66G...literally.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom