Another story of bad cops in the news. (Not a bash thread)

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Those are some real Police.  Great story, I am glad you shared it.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Keep these kinds of posts comming, folks.  After all the bad crap I read about on the news sites, these things are great to watch before I head to bed at night, gives me renewed hope and faith. 

Reactions: rwo978

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
In the radio and public safety equipment business, and I am sure others on this board can agree with me. I interact and meet alotta of peace officers. They are just ordinary folks although doing extraordinary professions. People act all surprised and or confused when they act just like a normal human being or are not just some kind of "nazi". My coworkers, those under me, and even myself sometime have a hard time seeing past the uniform. The reality of it is I can treat them like any other customer or person regaurdless of what they do and as long I show the respect and professionalism that is expected of me they will do the same. Treat them like a person and they will do the same 99% of the time. Younger/new guys see me interact with some officers and the way I treat em like just one of the guys makes the younger/new guys jaws drop.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
"I need a new car for Christmas"

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
This cop is a real stinker!

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Reactions: JazzDad

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
No, this is a good story for this thread! 

I just hope "... a man in plain clothes holding a gun on the stabbing suspect ..." LAPD doesn't cite him for carrying.

Skunklings?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
And the video has an operating lightbar in it.  2 points for you, Retired!  :fangirl:

Reactions: Retired1

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Fort Worth, TX police 'carjack' a vehicle at a McDonald's:

Three Fort Worth police officers recently saved a kitten stuck under the hood of a car.

Officer Simmons, Officer Pittman and Officer Galvan were called to a McDonald’s at Jacksboro Highway and Ephriham Avenue.

The car’s owner and some employees had tried unsuccessfully to get the kitten out.
Officer Pittman and Officer Galvan worked (to) lift the car using a jack. Officer Simmons took off his gear, crawled underneath the car and managed to retrieve the kitten safely.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/56751957-story

credit: fox4news.com

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Fort Worth, TX Police Corporal Hill takes advantage of open door at Bass Performance Hall.. Turn up your speaker volume and enjoy -

http://www.wfaa.com/story/features/...cer-sings-o-holy-night-at-bass-hall/77837770/

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

credit: wfaa.com

Fort Worth Police will also be giving out 250 $100 gift cards during the holidays.

https://twitter.com/fortworthpd

credit: twitter.com

and

A bit of holiday fun at FWPD -

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article50152960.html

credt: star-telegram.com

Last edited:
Reactions: jph2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
this thread is full of win....tis the season.....

skunklings.?.?....

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Skunkling = just one
Skunklings = two, or more
Skunklings en masse = herd

Attachments

• skunkling 2.jpg
    skunkling 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • skunklings 1.jpg
    skunklings 1.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 0
  • skunklings herd.jpg
    skunklings herd.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: StEaLtH2

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
ParaMedic and FireFighters in NC disrupt expressway traffic on Christmas morning:*

Justin Nalley is a WakeMed paramedic in Raleigh, North Carolina. He was just finishing up his overnight shift Christmas morning, when he spotted a dog in the middle of the 504 expressway. The dog was hurt, but still breathing, and he knew he had to do something.

Around this same time, Morrisville firefighters Michael Lindsey and Mike Chorney were ending their shifts and on their way home when they saw Nalley pulled over. They also decided to pull over and help.

They gathered up the injured dog and got her to the Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Raleigh. Emergency vet Curtis Ostrom said that their quick actions may have saved the dog's life.

“What myself and others did wasn’t so much an act of heroism, but something we do every day of our lives and is second nature,” Nalley said.

Ostrom said that the dog had a broken leg, and may have been hit by a car judging by the internal bleeding she was suffering from. As of the writing of this article, the four-year-old dog called Cora is well on her way to recovery.

“She’s a pretty tough dog, and so most of her injuries at this point have stabilized,” Ostrom said. “It’s mostly just her cuts and abrasions healing up.

link to story is below-
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2015/12/three-off-duty-first-responders-save-dog-on-christmas/

credit: lifewithdogs.tv

* = FireFighters and ParaMedics are not bad cops, but sometimes their conduct gets them included into threads about bad cops...

Last edited:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Should we change the title of the thread to bad public safety people in the news?

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Should we change the title of the thread to bad public safety people in the news?

No. I am the one that hijacked your thread by posting 'other than bad cop stories'. I apologize.

As far as this thread goes. I would leave it titled as is. Current society seems to expect stories about acts of kindness conduct from firefighters, ems, wrecker drivers, telecommunicators, emergency management, postmen, electric company workers, and similar vocations, so posting about them does not catch the reader's emotions quite like a post about a cop doing an act of kindness. We (LEOs) do those acts of kindness often. They just don't get reported in the same way. It is the media that keeps putting us in the negative spotlight (and overlooking the positive conduct). I think it boils down to: reporting about LEO bad conduct provides headlines, whereas reporting about LEO good conduct does not (very often).

Having a "Bad Cops In The News", limited to stories about LEOs, thread is good. I will refrain from posting 'bad conduct' stories performed by other vocations here..

Maybe a separate thread can be created for the other public service occupations?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I don't know... that one is too racial for me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Retired1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.