Another what brighter question 911EP LS12 or Microman

treycash

May 23, 2010
Maury, NC
Hey guys and gals,

Looking at getting new ride...as you see I have a post in the for sale post.....trying to figure out what light I need in the headliner....looking for something to go on the passeneger headliner...so I do not have that much flashback on driver side...

So here it is

What is brighter

911 EP LS12 or MicroMan 12" all red

Love opinions

May 21, 2010
Delafield, WI
I have no personal experience with Micro-man lighting. But from what I have seen people really like them. I personally would go with something that has more off axis warning like an Avenger, Viper S2 etc...

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
This is a little old, but my buddy just got a Microman bar and I installed it for him today. It is VERY bright, we are both very happy with the product, especially for the price. He has a Slimlighter on the dash, and the Microman was equally as bright, if not brighter than the Slimlighter. Given the fact that he got a 24" or 28" bar, the light overall is substantially brighter than the Slimlighter... and a whole lot cheaper. I didn't have time to take a video before he had to start his shift, but I feel confident telling you that the Microman is a very bright light. Time will tell how durable it is, but I have never heard complaints from anyone about these lights. This light is being used as front warning on a marked police car in a busy area.

drewprusso

May 23, 2010
Bucks County, PA
I know I'm not a very well versed member yet, but I would personally stay away from the 911ep. If something goes wrong with it you had better hope it's under warranty. If it's not there is no way to fix these things. They are completely enveloped in epoxy. I had a 36" bar die on me a couple of weeks ago and there is nothing to do with it but throw it away. Their customer service wasn't very sympathetic. They said something as simple as bump in the road can render their units useless. Not a very high quality product in my book, especially for the price. Just my 2 cents anyone feel free to disagree.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
In my opinion, "which is brighter" is the wrong question. The one to ask is "what is bright enough for my needs".

We've gotten to a point where lighting is actually too bright in some situations.

blazinSS934

Jul 2, 2010
Long Island NY
I have to agree with the "Too Bright" comment. My department just took delivery of a new 100' rear mount tower ladder its a ferrara and its sweet but the older night I went to grab a 24' ladder and I as instatnly blinded by the 8 TIR6 located about the ladder bin . These light head are right at eye level and are just overkill the truck is way above and beyond NFPA probably has 12 to 15 grand in lights

Ill work in pictures

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
If you are interested shoot me a pm and we can talk pricing on a light for your headliner ;)

Heres a blue 41" bar with a pair of takedowns in it. I don't bother with night time videos because the camera cant handle it :D

Lights are made with rebel LEDs, the same exact LEDs used in the whelen avengers. I also offer a lense with 40 degrees off axis in either direction. Obviously integrated take-downs are an option. I actually just switched from the black "Lens holder" (that black ring around the lens itself) to a clear one which allows slightly more off axis light to escape. (and is a little sharper looking aesthetics wise)

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_th_Flashclose.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_th_Takedownsteady.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedowns.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Width.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Vertical.jpg

That bar was made for myself, so here it is in the car (note those brackets are custom made and are not standard with the product)

*The first picture is a video, click on it to play)

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_My_20car_th_P6110074.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_My_20car_P6110071.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_My_20car_P6110066.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_My_20car_P6110065.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.