Antique Firetruck Show Near Boston

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I know this is slightly off topic, but the 37th Annual Massachusetts Antique Fire Apparatus Association Fire Apparatus Parade, Show and Flea Market will be held at the Edgewater Office Park, Wakefield, MA on SaturdayJune 14th. I've gone in the past, and it's a pretty good show, with a decent flea market. I was wondering if anyone else from here will be going, and if so, do they want to meet?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'd be tempted to go just to look for interesting lights.

5 hours is abit of a drive for that though.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
I'd be tempted to go just to look for interesting lights.
5 hours is abit of a drive for that though.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but I don't think it's worth a five hour drive each way. Years ago, there was a group in Westchester County NY (I forget the name of the group) that had a muster and flea market at Croton Pt Park, and then at the Kensico Dam Plaza...that was much bigger, and more worth the drive.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Tristar said:
I don't want to tell you what to do, but I don't think it's worth a five hour drive each way. Years ago, there was a group in Westchester County NY (I forget the name of the group) that had a muster and flea market at Croton Pt Park, and then at the Kensico Dam Plaza...that was much bigger, and more worth the drive.

There was another one last weekend in Harrisburg, I ended up missing it because of other obligations.. I'd be willing to drive if it was worth it.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
There's another one that's closer to you (near Middletown, NY) Aug 9. It's put on by the Fairchester Hose Haulers Chapter of SPAAMFAA. I think that was the group (may have been an earlier "version" of that group) that put on the huge musters I referenced earlier. I don't know how large the show near Middletown is, but I may give it a try, as it's less than an hour from my mother's house, so I could visit her for the weekend and go to the show.

uniden278

Oct 10, 2011
Winthrop, MA
This is worth the 30 minute drive for me and a good deal if you want to get some shirts, patches, books, etc. Plus there's the oddball vintage stuff that pops up. I'll be there, like I have for most of the last 15 years. And I'll actually have some cash to spend, for once. :D

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.