any ideas what would cause this issue?

billm

Mar 21, 2021
texas
i am having trouble with the flash pattern on a whelen turn lt will triple flash with the key on engine off if i start the truck the light goes from triple flash to single flash and i have had the whelen dealer check the lt head and they can find nothing wrong wit it any ideas on what would cause this problem?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
i am having trouble with the flash pattern on a whelen turn lt will triple flash with the key on engine off if i start the truck the light goes from triple flash to single flash and i have had the whelen dealer check the lt head and they can find nothing wrong wit it any ideas on what would cause this problem?
What product are you referring to exactly?

Reactions: billm

billm

Mar 21, 2021
texas
Likely you turn signal output was made for non-led bulbs and is overriding the pattern.
i have the same lt on the left side and it will triple flash with the engine running or off and this is what is confusing why just the pass side also i tried to edit the post but i did not see the option

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
i have the same lt on the left side and it will triple flash with the engine running or off and this is what is confusing why just the pass side also i tried to edit the post but i did not see the option
Try swapping them. If it follows the light head then it's the light heads problem. If it stays on the side then it's an input from the vehicle problem.

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
Is the Pattern wire hooked up to the Power on that one side?

That may be the default pattern? That's how some techs lock in the default pattern permanently.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Is the Pattern wire hooked up to the Power on that one side?

That may be the default pattern? That's how some techs lock in the default pattern permanently.
That's possible. That's why I recommend swapping the lightheads to see 1, how they are wired and 2, if the problem follows the head or remains at the same side.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
the pattern wire is disconnected
Again, switch the two lightheads. If the problem follows the lighthead, it's the lighthead. if it stays on that side it is a vehicle issue.

billm

Mar 21, 2021
texas
thanks for all the help i tied the turn circuit wire into my trailer plug and the light triple flashes like the other side so it must be a messed up body harness from royal bodies i will trace it down but that will be for another day when it is cooler and slower

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.