Any installs in a Pathfinder or Frontier?

fireguy129

Jun 23, 2010
USA//PA
Spent the day looking for a spot to mount my dynamax speaker. Any hints? I think I can squeeze it in behind a headlight, but I'll have to butcher the bracket. Anyone do an install in a newer nissan and want to share their tips?

gpod

May 21, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a friend with an Xterra and has two Dynamaxes mounted to a brush guard. I know that does not help much but might speak to there not being much room under the hood.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
check your spacing above the wheel well,i belive there is room mounting it in there to the bumper support. i know it is a tight fit but the speaker should fit,we got one into a in a newer model pathfinder

fireguy129

Jun 23, 2010
USA//PA
Any anticipated cooling problems with it in the grill? I had the whole front end in a pile to see where I could put it in. The drivers side of the grill had potential, but there was already a small cooler on that side, and a bigger cooler on the passenger side. I think I can get it behind the headlight, but it will include a bandsaw and making the bracket a single use.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
fireguy129 said:
Any anticipated cooling problems with it in the grill? I had the whole front end in a pile to see where I could put it in. The drivers side of the grill had potential, but there was already a small cooler on that side, and a bigger cooler on the passenger side. I think I can get it behind the headlight, but it will include a bandsaw and making the bracket a single use.

Nope, no cooling issues thus far (and it was driven in 95+ degree heat over the past couple of weeks with no issues).

I don't recall there being any extra coolers on the front. We used a bale bracket mount with stand-offs.

I will get pics posted tonight.

fireguy129

Jun 23, 2010
USA//PA
SlickTop Solutions said:
I just did one on a Pathfinder, and managed to squeeze a Whelen SA314 between the grill and the radiator (rubs the bottom grill support a tad). I need to unload the pics off of the camera and get them uploaded.

I think I got the same spot. Used the existing Crown Vic bracket, squeezed one mounting hole behind the radiator cooler bolt, and drilled a second to catch the vertical support in the middle of the radiator. Couldn't get the depth I needed to use the factory holes in the speaker, so I drilled new and bolted fast. Now to get everything wired.....

USO131

Sep 15, 2010
usa
fireguy129 said:
I think I got the same spot. Used the existing Crown Vic bracket, squeezed one mounting hole behind the radiator cooler bolt, and drilled a second to catch the vertical support in the middle of the radiator. Couldn't get the depth I needed to use the factory holes in the speaker, so I drilled new and bolted fast. Now to get everything wired.....

How about using a low profile speaker horn or the low profile speaker that mounts to a Whelen Edge 9000 and stick it upside down inside of the roof basket?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
USO131 said:
How about using a low profile speaker horn or the low profile speaker that mounts to a Whelen Edge 9000 and stick it upside down inside of the roof basket?

:duh: :bonk:

That is all... :nono:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.