Anybody ever try this??

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
I was wondering if anyone ever tried this or if its even possible to do. I put up a picture of a Corolla because its what I drive but Im sure its about the same with all cars. According to most reviews, Whelen Vertex are best used when the lighthead is facing where you want it to shine. Is it possible to install one in the front triangular part of the side mirrors as shown below? This would be a nice concealed place for good side lighting. Any observations before I take things apart and try it myself? How much clearance does the vertex need behind it? Any other possible issues that can come up? Thanx for the help!

ai382.photobucket.com_albums_oo263_iceman4122_imagesCALDEBG9.jpg

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
I want to exterior mount it on the triangular shaped piece of plastic where the A pillar begins. Its the piece of plastic right before the mirror.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
iceman4122 said:
I want to exterior mount it on the triangular shaped piece of plastic where the A pillar begins. Its the piece of plastic right before the mirror.

Ok, gotcha.

For the other I was like, wow. That is gonna be interesting, though it would be cool if you were able to pull it off.

Why not just go with an Intersector under the mirror. You would get a lot more coverage and output, but it wouldn't be quit as hidden as the vertx mounting location you are talking about. Both situations have their pros and cons.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Hawkspring that's exactly what I'm talking about. Glad to see its been done. Aberfitchguy intersector under mirror brings wiring and bulk problems. Anyone here sell black flanges for vertex?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.