Anyone able to identify this light?

NYGuy126

Sep 1, 2021
LI, NY
Just picked up this old rotator light from an antique shop. No markings on it besides "GE 4416" on one of the bulbs. I'd assume this is a GE light but can't find any other info on it. Anyone have any info?

Attachments

• IMG_3192.jpg
    IMG_3192.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Just picked up this old rotator light from an antique shop. No markings on it besides "GE 4416" on one of the bulbs. I'd assume this is a GE light but can't find any other info on it. Anyone have any info?

The bulbs are GE. The light could be signal stat, grote, or a variety of others that used a similar design.

NYGuy126

Sep 1, 2021
LI, NY
Looks to me like a Signal Stat Model 377, which is their version of the "Hill Light".
Thank you. I've also now been told it might be the Dietz 211. Do you know about possibly getting a new dome or base for this? I'd like to use it on my antique display

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thank you. I've also now been told it might be the Dietz 211. Do you know about possibly getting a new dome or base for this? I'd like to use it on my antique display
There is a lot of overlap between deitz, signal stat and grote. The bases and domes are usually the damaged part and what you have is the intact part, but maybe your could find a seized up one.

NYGuy126

Sep 1, 2021
LI, NY
Thank you all for the help. As you guys seem much more knowledgeable than me, do you have any recommendations on the best places to look for a replacement dome and base?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I can say with confidance that that bulb cage is Signal Stat, and not Dietz.
I will defer to you guys, my dietz, signal stat grote knowledge isn't vast by any means.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.