Anyone else get a breakup letter from Feniex?

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Feniex dumped my account, and directed me to hook up with Wholesale Public Safety.

No explanation, just "Ok, your account is terminated, buy from these guys"

• Wow
Reactions: Tony P

cory y2.0

Oct 24, 2016
DFW
I wouldnt be surprised if they start doing that to everybody who dosent either sell a certain $ amount or refuses to toe the company line.

Feniex is trying very hard to be the only online seller of their products

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i got dumped from their FB group for no reason...

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Good luck dealing with Wholesale, they couldn't care less about their customers. I was forced to use them when AEP merged and it's been nothing but problems.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
that might explain why sirennet do not have any Feniex products listed on their website anymore

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
that might explain why sirennet do not have any Feniex products listed on their website anymore
They stopped carrying last month. Went to do a large order for a build. And it was all gone. I asked why but didn’t get an answer

I don’t think company is folding. Could be work ethic or something ?

jlofties

Jan 3, 2020
York. PA
They stopped carrying last month. Went to do a large order for a build. And it was all gone. I asked why but didn’t get an answer

I don’t think company is folding. Could be work ethic or something ?
Sirennet / Star cars seems to be more focused on whelen, sound-off, code 3, and Fed Sig in their youtube content, they would have feniex installs / product features from time to time, but not as often as the others.

Perhaps Feniex wants to cut down on their overhead. I can't forsee UltraBrightLightz getting dropped by Feniex, as they seem to have cut down on the other product lines other then their own low-budget line.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I know next to nothing about Wholesale - other than that they're pushing for subs HARD. For Feniex, I'd say talk to Nic (FEVER) or Kurt (Covert Lights). Big Feniex people, and they're responsive as hell.

Thanks Abe... Yeah... Wholesale isn’t fun... selling Feniex isn’t exactly fun right now but its pretty much FEVER’s bread and butter. We do have a dealer program too. We’ve been referred a few of the dealers dropped.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Perhaps Feniex wants to cut down on their overhead. I can't forsee UltraBrightLightz getting dropped by Feniex, as they seem to have cut down on the other product lines other then their own low-budget line.
Feniex can't afford to drop UBL - they're one of the few dealers actually pushing Feniex like crazy. On the flip side, UBL is obviously making more money on their own labeled imports, because there was a noticeable shift in their marketing. Feniex must hate it, but they can't do anything about it.

Overall, I believe Feniex has made a few bad decisions about product development and inventory, and they're trying to clean up the mess. The Geo line was a mistake overall, IMO, but offering it in public safety colors was even dumber - and now they have to get rid of all of it. All of these mistakes are costing them money and time, which inhibits further growth.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Overall, I believe Feniex has made a few bad decisions about product development and inventory, and they're trying to clean up the mess. The Geo line was a mistake overall, IMO, but offering it in public safety colors was even dumber - and now they have to get rid of all of it. All of these mistakes are costing them money and time, which inhibits further growth.

I've bid GEO's on multiple jobs...everyone ends up going with a GPL, because they want more features. Some of their new stuff just leaves me scratching my head...

Well...there are minimums to maintain as a dealer. Or be in an area with zero Feniex representation. Personally, I think Feniex could use about 10,000 less dealers.
When I signed on 18 months ago, I was told no minimums. I did less than $10k, and there's no way i'd be able to do over $10k, without quitting my real job.

Thanks Abe... Yeah... Wholesale isn’t fun... selling Feniex isn’t exactly fun right now but its pretty much FEVER’s bread and butter. We do have a dealer program too. We’ve been referred a few of the dealers dropped.
I have some sort of reduced pricing with You Nic...I'm just not sure which program. LOL

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
So a lot of the retailers with other brands simply will never push Feniex. Sirennet, Dana Safety, etc will always push Whelen, FedSig, or SoundOff.

In Florida, people would go to Dana for Feniex... get talked into whelen. That’s starting to change because of politics and cronyism and it’s starting to shift more towards Soundoff. If you want to know why, look at the fact that the major rep firm (morganelli and associates) was separated from Whelen and is now with Soundoff. All of the agencies once had by whelen are shifting to Soundoff.

If you don’t think there is huge pressure by manufacturers to squeeze out competitors with their distributors you are mistaken. It’s a dirty game.

You also have companies that use the popularity of Feniex just to lure people in and push them to their own “in house”/discount/import branded stuff. There have been some companies that have mimicked Feniex’s packaging and marketing with their own products so customers feel as though they are the same. If you have bought feniex stuff for years, the changes in packaging is largely attributed to those retailers.

This is also the reason Feniex has started to sell directly to consumers. It is because of the larger companies pushing their own brands and other brands that Feniex is making a push to go direct to consumer. They sell at the same cost as the dealer, which makes them more money as well since the dealer typically gets wholesale pricing.

As a reminder, we do offer 10% off for all ELB members. For dealers, we have been able to match Feniex's Dealer cost for dealers being brought into our program. Our buy in is usually something stupid like "buy $200 worth of stuff from our closeout/old inventory" Our program was really just meant for the guy like I use to be that just did stuff on the weekends.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
As a reminder, we do offer 10% off for all ELB members. For dealers, we have been able to match Feniex's Dealer cost for dealers being brought into our program. Our buy in is usually something stupid like "buy $200 worth of stuff from our closeout/old inventory" Our program was really just meant for the guy like I use to be that just did stuff on the weekends.
Good to know Nic. Im going to have a decent sized order shortly. We'll be in contact. :tup:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I can check to see what your account is currently set for. Just need an email address.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well since you mentioned them I'm gonna comment, Al Morganelli was definitely a pain in the rump for years with Whelen, promises made and unfulfilled or outright lied about stuff. Happy they are gone.

And for those dealing with breaking up here's Mr. Neil Sedaka

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.