Anyone ever make a Powerwheels police car or fire truck?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Im currently making one of these things im almost done it all started with me bored one day and I just wanting to make a replica of my 2011 dodge charger pursuit im issued at work. It started with a one that was not in working order I found on "letgo" app nearby for about $80 turns out it just needed a new battery and charger box that only cost me about $40 on amazon. I then painted it white and added some Chinese R/B lights on the grill area and those little crappy toy looking Chinese TIR3 strobes the wackers love on the side windows for "Intersection lights" like our real units here at work and I chopped some down and removed the chip and leds and placed them behind the turn signal as "Hide Aways" I then added some in the rear LP area as license plate lights and also added some to the rear part for deck lights. I then purchased a cheap $18 siren on amazon and mounted that thing under the hood. I also purchased a cheap $20 mini bar to replace the one that came with the car that was extremely dim. I also added LED headlights and LED strip lights to the rear to imitate the charger tail lamps. So far im almost done just touching up the wiring and paint so it can get striped like my work car. It will be used for elementary school presentations and parades and such at work.

Attachments

• m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 81
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 79
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 63
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 61
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 64
  • m8.jpeg
    m8.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 69
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 70
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 70
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 72
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 81
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 81
Im currently making one of these things im almost done it all started with me bored one day and I just wanting to make a replica of my 2011 dodge charger pursuit im issued at work. It started with a one that was not in working order I found on "letgo" app nearby for about $80 turns out it just needed a new battery and charger box that only cost me about $40 on amazon. I then painted it white and added some Chinese R/B lights on the grill area and those little crappy toy looking Chinese TIR3 strobes the wackers love on the side windows for "Intersection lights" like our real units here at work and I chopped some down and removed the chip and leds and placed them behind the turn signal as "Hide Aways" I then added some in the rear LP area as license plate lights and also added some to the rear part for deck lights. I then purchased a cheap $18 siren on amazon and mounted that thing under the hood. I also purchased a cheap $20 mini bar to replace the one that came with the car that was extremely dim. I also added LED headlights and LED strip lights to the rear to imitate the charger tail lamps. So far im almost done just touching up the wiring and paint so it can get striped like my work car. It will be used for elementary school presentations and parades and such at work.
Did similar for my Grandson. At a kid's parade he led with the full size police cars.

Reactions: Station 3

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Marked unit

Attachments

• 20190806_145956.jpg
    20190806_145956.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190806_153720.jpg
    20190806_153720.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 58

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Too Kewl! I'm not sure you will fit in it, though.

Reactions: Station 3

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Ok, how did you do the battery? My son has a off-brand Firetruck powerwheel. It has some lame lighting so I grabbed some old TIR3s and was going to do some upgrades. However, the battery in the truck is a 6 volt. It won't push any of these light heads. Had a 12V battery that looked very similar to the power wheel light in my ham radio stuff. Found it won't push them either? What amp hours do I need to push four to six TIR 3 type lightheads?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Ok, how did you do the battery? My son has a off-brand Firetruck powerwheel. It has some lame lighting so I grabbed some old TIR3s and was going to do some upgrades. However, the battery in the truck is a 6 volt. It won't push any of these light heads. Had a 12V battery that looked very similar to the power wheel light in my ham radio stuff. Found it won't push them either? What amp hours do I need to push four to six TIR 3 type lightheads?
I just rewired the original battery with a 12v generic power wheels battery from Amazon. No issues after several months.

Reactions: wojf72

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.