Anyone familiar with ES-KEY operation?

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Thats the One From Hale Products Right? Just got on their website, thats for the Fire Pumps... I forget what we had on our Old Truck it was Pre Electronics...

No, this is the system that basically controls all of the electronics on the truck including the flash pattern for the lights which is what we are trying to change.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Yep saw that as I was Reading through it, would Like to have a Look at that Setup and iits Programming software.. Did you contact them? Im Sure you have... bet that aint cheap...

4.4. Output Flash Control
Outputs 0 through 17 can be flashed with two available
rates (75ppm and 150ppm). Alternating flash patterns are
also easily configured for use with “wig-wag” lights (see section 8.4.3).

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Yep saw that as I was Reading through it, would Like to have a Look at that Setup and iits Programming software.. Did you contact them? Im Sure you have... bet that aint cheap...
it's not, that's our problem lol. We simply just need the on board flasher unit set to a steady burn since the new LEDs I installed have a built in flasher, so they're working against each other. But for a tech to come out and do it, $500. For the adapter plug so we could do it, $700. There has to be an easier/ cheaper way.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
so this isnt used?

Configuring an output with PWM Positive outputs 10 through 17 of
the Supernode can be configured for Pulse Width Modulated operation (PWM).
This feature drives the selected output at the configured duty cycle and
can be used as a dimming feature for lamps. Outputs 56 through 63 of the Supernode’s network
output space control the PWM state of physical outputs 10 through 17. When an output’s associated PWM output is turned ON then its physical output will be Pulse Width Modulated. The physical output spaces 10-17 take precedence over their associated PWM control space (56-63).For example, if output memory spaces 10 (physical output 10) and 56 (PWM output 10) are both ON then the physical output 10 will be ON solid.

The standard PWM duty cycle is 60% (when output memory spaces 27-31 are not active). Five other duty cycles (10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, and 50%) can also be selected by
activating the associated output memory space (outputs 27-31). For example, if memory space output 29 is activated all active PWM outputs will be set to 30% duty cycle.
In the event that more than one of the PWM output memory spaces (27-31)
is active the lower output memory space number will take precedence (see section 8.4).

I Think the Translation for that is...Take 2 Tylenol and Read that all over again from the beginning... OY! No Wonder I Like Strobes!

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
that is probably it - trouble is we don't have the adapter plug that connects to the truck then to the computer, that's what costs $700. Or the tech coming out and doing it for $500. That's where we are running into our problem. I can't justify that cost when the lights do flash, just not appropriately to someone such as myself who is more familiar with them than the average Joes that also work for the department.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
so you cant go into the software and assign what you need it to do via the software and a usb cable??

17. USB port
The Supernode II’s USB port allows database transfers,
VDR data transfers, and diagnostics with the ES-Key
Professional software.
Use a USB A (male) to USB A (male) cable to connect t
he Supernode II’s USB port to a computer running the
ES-Key Professional software.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
so you cant go into the software and assign what you need it to do via the software and a usb cable??

17. USB port
The Supernode II’s USB port allows database transfers,
VDR data transfers, and diagnostics with the ES-Key
Professional software.
Use a USB A (male) to USB A (male) cable to connect t
he Supernode II’s USB port to a computer running the
ES-Key Professional software.

The top grey circle port is what we have to connect to. That's the diagnostic port.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Ummm What abut the Phone Connection... bottom left, that means you have a version with a Modem in it, you just need to connect to it through that and the software... ill grab that page..

13.1. MODEM wiring
Connect the integrated MODEM to the phone line by properly wiring the MODEM TIP (pin 31 of the 40-pin connector) and the MODEM RING (pin 21 of the 40-pin connector) to a RJ11 connector.
13.2. MODEM usage The MODEM is utilized by “dialing” into the system with the ES-Key Professional software. The MODEM operates at 4800 baud.

Click on the “System” menu item and then select “COM Port Selection” to configure the port for MODEM operation. TheConfigure Port window will open.

Click the “Modem” radio button in the
Connection Type
section.

Select the available modem from the
Select Communications
Port
drop down menu.

Enter the phone number of the phone line to which the
Supernode MODEM is connected.

Click the “OK” button to begin communications.
Pictures and Info on page 35, but i think you have an Older Module so this may not be Correct, need to search for that Specific setup version to make sure it is the Same.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
we hooked a dedicated phone line to it earlier today, called it and it just rings. They said if we had a modem it would sound like a fax machine. We were hoping it would be that simple.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Points at Previous Edited Comment... Also Need Specific Model of your ES Setup, that is an Older Version, I Am Looking at the Newer Setup... it could be close but not correct!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
should be a number of the model somewhere on it or find the bid sheet on the truck which should have the info or build sheet of the truck from the city from who sold it to them.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
yes software but it has a Dial in Modem on it or its an ethernet port .... Like Number 5 Said...
Input Need Input!

temporarily just hard wire it and a switch

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
yes software but it has a Dial in Modem on it or its an ethernet port .... Like Number 5 Said...
Input Need Input!

temporarily just hard wire it and a switch
I can't hard wire it. There's 14 individual light heads all over the truck. It would be easy if they were old strobes then I could just hard wire everything where the strobe pack would be. But this truck already had gen 1 LEDs on it which is what complicated things.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.