anyone have a wireing diagram for a whelen pcds-9?

May 23, 2013
nc
i got 2 whelen pcds-9's and 1 came with a whelen traffic advisor controler

does anyone know how to get them to work? or what wires go to what?

when i hook power to it it just flashes

and the traffic advisor has a phone looking cable going into it so i dont know how it would control a traffic advisor being theres only so many wires coming from switchbox itself

its confusing me, i know its for a 9000 bar, but i figured i could just rewire it with larger wire but that wont work lol

if anyone has used one of these befor let me know

if i cant use them then can someone tell me there value so i can sell em?

if they dont sell i might just use the plugs for my 295 siren light controller so i can use it

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
You can only use the pcds-9 with a Diagnostix 99 Edge bar...the bar will have 2 large wires exiting (red & black) & 2 small red & black wires exiting it.

I've never used / hooked up the 9? pin connector on it & always ran/tested the bar with the 4 pin harness. In the 4 pin harness, the red & black wires go to power (red) & ground (black). The other 2 wires would go to the lightbar's small red / black wires. The 4 pin harness is red / black / black / red if that makes any sense.

I've never used the phone type plug either.

May 23, 2013
nc
mine has 2 red and 2 black wires in a 4pin, and a 9wire plug for the switchs, but what i was asking is how do you get the traffic advisor thing to work if theres not enough wires to hook to? i think you need alteast 5 wires, and theres 9 with 3 slide switch and i think 5 or so push switchs

never seen something like this

do you know what it might be worth?

Zach12345

Sep 16, 2018
Ohio
You can only use the pcds-9 with a Diagnostix 99 Edge bar...the bar will have 2 large wires exiting (red & black) & 2 small red & black wires exiting it.

I've never used / hooked up the 9? pin connector on it & always ran/tested the bar with the 4 pin harness. In the 4 pin harness, the red & black wires go to power (red) & ground (black). The other 2 wires would go to the lightbar's small red / black wires. The 4 pin harness is red / black / black / red if that makes any sense.

I've never used the phone type plug either.

Any more info on this

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
How in the World... You Know I have tried using that site looking for some info from whelen like that but no success... any chance you can find the onfo for an old PCC-S9, my wire colors dont match the updates and im having a issue with Power, someone must have changed out the wire Previously to me and after factory and I want to Reuse it in my other unit and im having problems

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
ahhh but still ive seen some stuff through there but not very good at searching them for what im looking for... someone must be a guru of that site..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.