Anyone recognize this lightbar?

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Hello guys

I've been going through my library of pics, going through the Internet, cracking my brain about it but I can't remember the name of this lightbar.
I remember that it's not a rotating lightbar, but has spotlights only, front and back, right?
Only info I found online was that it was from Creative Technologies?

Anyone?

thanks
René

10668843_10203234446885593_4347604344790875729_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The ones with rotators and flashers are called 'LightStorm' and are very rare. I have one, JohnMarcson had a NOS one, and another member had one awhile back. They are the only ones I know of (and trust me, I look!) I also think Tsquale has a mini Lightstorm.

I also have a full size Trailblazer, the SR-1000. 10 forward facing lights, 5 rear, and one each end. All 100watt halogens. I used to have some documentation on the Trailblazer bars, they were available in SR-131 (3 forward) SR-161 (6 forward) SR-181 (8 forward) and SR-1000 (10 forward) and rotators, colored filters, etc were options (but those options were rare, I have only seen one Trailblazer with a rotator, right in the middle of all places).

They went through a few owners, sold under Creative Technologies, New Technolgies, New Tech, and a few others. Production ended in the early/mid 2000s. There was a failed attempt to remake the Trailblazer with HIDs in projectors, but prices were too high (IIRC $1000 for the 48" ish sized one) and they did not take off.

I have a few pictures of these bars in various sizes and on vehicles, I have liked them since I saw them in 4 Wheel & Off Road magazine in the very early 90s.

Post #20 in this thread is a couple pics of my Lightstorm:

If you are interested in any other pictures, or have any questions I may know, feel free to PM me. Also if you search the forums for the lightbar names, theres a few threads that will pop up!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I remember Trailblazer bars being listed in the J.C. Whitney catalogs during the 1980's.

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Still around, silently though ;) still actively collecting but less time in forums and such ;)
Amazing pics BTW of that rotating version. That's one lightbar I don't have yet in my total of 265 right now in the collection ;)

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
The addiction of finding lightbars pushed me upto this total number now, next thing will be a proper lightbar museum where the nicest and rarest will be put on display. Perhaps by that time that I've bought another home with enough room for a museum I'm closer to the 300 mark ;)

Reactions: tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The addiction of finding lightbars pushed me upto this total number now, next thing will be a proper lightbar museum where the nicest and rarest will be put on display. Perhaps by that time that I've bought another home with enough room for a museum I'm closer to the 300 mark ;)
With an all expenses paid trip for ELB members to visit? :D

Reactions: jph2 and tsquale

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Can't offer an all-expenses-paid visit but in certain cases I guess a sleepover in between the lights could be arranged :lol: :lol:

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Even rare-er are the police versions of these lightbars with rotators, flashers and takedowns. 
I've seen one locally that is red & blue, has takedowns and a center speaker grill. It's still on their truck, so I'm not sure if they would be willing to part with it. The next time I see them, I'll ask if they would want to trade it for a modern lightbar.

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
I've seen one locally that is red & blue, has takedowns and a center speaker grill. It's still on their truck, so I'm not sure if they would be willing to part with it. The next time I see them, I'll ask if they would want to trade it for a modern lightbar.
I would love to own it lol are the outer lenses colored or is there filters?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I would love to own it lol are the outer lenses colored or is there filters?
One popped up here on the forums awhile back, it had red lenses on one side and blue in the other. It is the only one I have personally seen with colored lenses, but if you search around the pics may still be up

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
I haven't seen it up close. But from a distance, the front outer lenses appear to be red and blue with clear windows for the takedowns. The end caps are clear.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I haven't seen it up close. But from a distance, the front outer lenses appear to be red and blue with clear windows for the takedowns. The end caps are clear.
That would be cool to see, as the one that showed up here only had colored lenses, no 'cutouts' persay. In my bar they were all wired to flasher, none were TD or Alley

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
My bar only had 2 rear clear flashers amber rotators front takedowns side alleys all clear outer lenses. When i rewired it all i wired the front takedowns to flash plus the rears. I just need the alternating flashing canister i got the ones that flash both by mistake

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
That would be cool to see, as the one that showed up here only had colored lenses, no 'cutouts' persay. In my bar they were all wired to flasher, none were TD or Alley
I'll see if I can get a photo of it this weekend. It appeared to be in nice shape the last time I saw it. However....it might have airhorns mounted to the top of it. :confused:

Reactions: 7d9_z28

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
I'll see if I can get a photo of it this weekend. It appeared to be in nice shape the last time I saw it. However....it might have airhorns mounted to the top of it. :confused:
Ask if they would be willing to sell it as well, providing they arent aware of its rarity. Either way i would love to see it

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Or, leave a note recommending they join ELB and post some pics! Maybe they will find an alternate bar to use and will remove and preserve or sell it. My bars insides were homebrew, someone redid it for use on a fire truck in KY. Most original parts are long gone. I have a few ideas for rebuilding it but they all require money (which I am desperately lacking). It would be nice to see another one is out there surviving!  That would make about 5, to my personal knowledge. I dug around but could not find the pics of the colored lense one, I am going to PM the member and see what ever happened to it.

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
You lucky dog

In all honesty though how do you guys find this stuff on ebay, everytime i look i just see the craptastic ebay leds. What do you type in your searches?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
For that I just typed in lightstorm, haha. Otherwise I have found that putting vintage before what I'm looking for tends to get rid of the China crap.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I've seen a few Trailblazers and Lightstorms over the years, and really liked the Lightstorm. But the people who ran Creative Tech. were a bunch of horses' butts to deal with.  I can easily see why the folded and allowed Able-2/ShoMe to end up with their strobe bars.

I saw an unusual ambulance here a few years back, a Type II Chevy van with Triple ShoMe strobe bars across the high top.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Just snagged a three rotator mini on the bay for $34 shipped! I'll post pictures when it arrives.
Theres no words to describe how much I hate you.

You and your nice stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.