Anyone running big A$$ horns?

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
I know a few ppl running train or truck horns on their POV's.. Anyone care to share their photos?! :D

I found a couple vids on youtube of people using big ship horns, anyone have one of those? :lol:

If this is in the wrong category please forgive me!

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
I am dissapointed, no one is running horns? :?: Natep24 you could at least post a picture of yours! :D

I saw a video on youtube of some kids running around with a ferry horn on their car scaring the crap out of ppl :lol: it was funny but very mean of them those punks! People almost literally jumped out of their skin! And it was LOUD!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Grotonems5 said:
I saw a video on youtube of some kids running around with a ferry horn on their car scaring the crap out of ppl :lol: it was funny but very mean of them those punks! People almost literally jumped out of their skin! And it was LOUD!
If its the one with the crown vic like car, thats a train horn they are running...

and ya, little buggers, but it is funny to watch.. sometimes. I do feel bad for the senior citizens they scared..

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
How about the Federal Signal airless electric horns that look like regular air horns? Traffic Blaster I think they are called. I want one! My lame electronic "airhorn" did keep an old Q-Tip from merging into my lane and almost hitting me last weekend. I had nowhere to go. It got her to stop.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
crescentstar69 said:
How about the Federal Signal airless electric horns that look like regular air horns? Traffic Blaster I think they are called. I want one!

Federal hasn't made Traffic Blasters in years. I wanted a NOS one in the worst way, but some on here have said they're not very effective.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I've got a single Grover 1510 on my Tahoe mounted up under the frame, running off a 150PSI compressor and LOVE it! I highly recommend it! I haven't been impressed with the electronic horns... it just leaves you wishing you had spent your money on the real thing...

Seth

EMSChief1

Jul 17, 2010
NY/NJ
R. Dodd 10-75 E.L. said:
we are a hornblasters.com distributor and ive got them on my personal truck. the demo is getting them, we use the conductors special kit. http://www.hornblasters.com/products/de ... n-horn-kit

they blow everything else out of the water except true nathan air chimes

I got hornblasted by some douche in a tinted out black Christmas tree Tahoe going to a call... :D

I still prefer the Grover Stuttertone air horns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubgEINEziQ :twisted: ...definately not as loud as the train horns, but I think the train horns just scare the crap out of people.

Jun 6, 2010
Bergen Co. , NJ
EMSChief1 said:
I got hornblasted by some douche in a tinted out black Christmas tree Tahoe going to a call... :D

I still prefer the Grover Stuttertone air horns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubgEINEziQ :twisted: ...definately not as loud as the train horns, but I think the train horns just scare the crap out of people.

you talking about me?

Coreyhudson2

Aug 30, 2010
Eastern MA
I am no firefighter but i have two non 1310 Grovers on the bottom of my Explorer, if you adjust the throat of the horn to a certain length it also stutters. No practical applications, i never use it, except for last year at schools at the high school jerks.

MX7000Guy

Jun 2, 2010
Middle of nowhere, VT
I have train horns installed in my box truck, I've used them a few times... They do really scare the everliving shit out of people, I'll only use them when some jackass cuts me off or almost hits me because they're too busy doing something else. I like the Grover horns better, I think they'd be better suited for a vehicle responding to emergency calls.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Coreyhudson2 said:
I am no firefighter but i have two non 1310 Grovers on the bottom of my Explorer, if you adjust the throat of the horn to a certain length it also stutters. No practical applications, i never use it, except for last year at schools at the high school jerks.
Care to elaborate in detail?

I only ask as I have a grover airhorn as well- was supposed to be a stuttertone, but alas, its a simple truck horn- with the same dimensions as the stuttertone.

If I can modify it to work as a stuttertone... well.. That'd make my week.

Coreyhudson2

Aug 30, 2010
Eastern MA
Sure, loosen the two screws on the top of the horn, then adjust the bell (when the horn is at the PSI will be normally operating at). At a certain length the horn will start to stutter. Simple as tightening the screws. They wont sound EXACTLY like a 1510 but pretty darn close.

Bell lengths will affect the tone, so yours might not work as good as mine..

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I Guess I should of asked as well... Did you have to lengthen it, or make it shorter? (push it more into the base, or pull it out of the base?) ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.