Apollo Mini X - Is this normal?

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
I bought a "New Old Stock" Apollo Mini X lightbar and have had it mounted for about two weeks. We've had some decent humidity and rainfall recently but nothing too major.

Today I noticed that the interior of the bar is pretty seriously fogged up. And then this evening, I noticed a little green LED in the internals that is sort of pulsing (the light is plugged in, but not on.)

The light SEEMS to work normally, but I have to wonder if this amount of interior fogging and the blinking light inside is normal or not...? Pictures and video below.

IMG_5949.JPG IMG_5947.JPG

Last edited:

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
The green light is suppose to be on, I can't remember if it's suppose to be flashing or solid on but it's just an indicator to know their is power going to the bar. I would contact Feniex about the moisture. I think it was common on this style lightbar. We had 2 49" Cobra lightbars with the same problem. We did a reseal kit on one and it fixed the problem, it was caused by poor quality control. The gasket that seals the lens to the base got pealed up in one corner when they were putting it together, in their defense it was a pain to do. Their were also a couple missing washers that sealed the lens and the base where the mounting screws attached. The second lightbar moisture issue was after the Fusion series came out so rather than do a reseal kit they offered an upgrade. We did the upgrade so the customer was only down a day vs a week, so I'm not sure the cause but I'd suspect it was the same things we found with the first one. We had already did a complete lightbar swap once with both customers before we did a reseal kit on one and an exchange on another. So in reality we had 4 with moisture problems.

Contact Feniex, they might offer to send a reseal kit, more than likely they will instead offer an upgrade to a brand new Fusion Mini for a small fee. If you do a reseal kit you will have to inspect each module for moisture damage and replace them while it's apart or risk light head failures later.

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
The answer from Feniex support is that YES, the green light is supposed to be on/blinking when the bar has power.

They do however want to take a look at the moisture. I'll be shipping it out tomorrow. Hopefully the turn around on getting a replacement/repair isn't too long.

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Bumping this...

I sent the bar in for warranty service due to the moisture back in July 2017. They did a reseal and sent it back to me. Turnaround was about two weeks between when it left my hands until it was back in my hands. Everything seemed well.

But now that we're into the midst of winter, it's fogging up on the inside yet again. I have a call into Feniex and am waiting to hear back. I'm hoping they'll upgrade me to a Fusion bar, or offer some other sort of accomodation because this is our busy season for wrecks and traffic incidents, and I can't be missing my primary warning for two weeks, AGAIN...

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.