Are pa300's still popular/dynamax speakers

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
I came across at least 20 pa300's, some scratches, some control lights out but all work with mics, have

some bail brackets but most have the console bail brackets. All came out of Crown Vics.The consoles

were taken to the scrap yard.

I am in the process of testing 20 federal used dynamax speakers/mounting brackets that came with the sirens.

Once all tested will be selling in pairs of pa300 and speakers.

I have a trunk load of sirens and speakers.

Have many,many federal 5 switch boxes to test also... some sound off 5 switch boxes

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

SRB

May 21, 2010
USA/Midwest
deputychief301 said:
I came across at least 20 pa300's, some scratches, some control lights out but all work with mics, have
some bail brackets but most have the console bail brackets. All came out of Crown Vics.The consoles

were taken to the scrap yard.

I am in the process of testing 20 federal used dynamax speakers/mounting brackets that came with the sirens.

Once all tested will be selling in pairs of pa300 and speakers.

I have a trunk load of sirens and speakers.

Have many,many federal 5 switch boxes to test also... some sound off 5 switch boxes

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

are any of those speakers 200 watt?

uniden278

Oct 10, 2011
Winthrop, MA
The PA300 is a great sounding basic siren if you don't need any switching capabilities. I had one for many years myself, but people do stupid things when they are cash strapped. The Dynamax is a great speaker as well. Are they the latest generation siren with black the faceplate? Idea of price (ballpark is ok) for a single package?

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
Please hold off until I finish testing all equipment I have a list a mile long

and will be getting to pictures ect as time permits me as I also work a

full time job.I will reply to the ones that have already sent me pm's and

go from there

thanks

Jim Rogers

deputychief

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The early black face PA300s have a slow rising wail tone like the silver face PA300s.

Later black face PA300s have a faster rising wail tone.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
You can put my name on the list for some of those 5 switch boxes as well Jim.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Hey jim,

Might have a buddy interested in a speaker shoot me a price and pic and ill let him know.....

thanks ryan ctfd

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
The PA300s have always been good sirens, but I've never cared for the wah-wah sound of their yelp. Be careful of the DynaMax speakers. They don't hold up all that well. The ones I've seen around just haven't lasted and people have replaced them with Gall's version of a almost-octagon-shaped CPI speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

grieuro

Oct 19, 2012
Greece
SireLite said:
Thats probably because you don't really see much Whelen stuff heading towards Greece.

We have Whelen 295 type sirens here in the new fire trucks and in some police cars. ;) These sirens have problems (electrical) and the tone (wail-yelp) is very bad......you can't hear the tone of the siren if you are too far when the truck is coming, in contrast with PA300..... I think that the tones frequencies using in PA300 siren are the best because they are clear and loud for the human ear..... (they have slow up and rising tone wich help us to understand that something coming from behind, Whelen have very fast tones...)

listen the echo of PA300's in fire trucks here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.