Arjent S2 lightbar questions

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
Equipment: Federal Signal Arjent S2 lightbar, Smart siren 3 position progressive slide switch, and the SCM1/SCM2 (think that's it)

I know how to change the flash patterns in each of the three modes with the progressive slide switch. What I am having an issue with is for the left, center, out, and right mode. I have seen where this light bar will have a single led light up while progressing to the left or right and not all light up staying lit while progressing, I have tried but cannot figure out how to change this.

Also, the warn mode will automatically activate on rear of light bar causing the flash pattern to not be seen. How do I change this?

Also, how do I program the wig wags to turn on when I activate the slide switch? Currently I can only manually activate them.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
dgoss259 said:
Equipment: Federal Signal Arjent S2 lightbar, Smart siren 3 position progressive slide switch, and the SCM1/SCM2 (think that's it)

I know how to change the flash patterns in each of the three modes with the progressive slide switch. What I am having an issue with is for the left, center, out, and right mode. I have seen where this light bar will have a single led light up while progressing to the left or right and not all light up staying lit while progressing, I have tried but cannot figure out how to change this.

Also, the warn mode will automatically activate on rear of light bar causing the flash pattern to not be seen. How do I change this?

Also, how do I program the wig wags to turn on when I activate the slide switch? Currently I can only manually activate them.

so your saying, when you try using the signal master that not all of the rear leds light up? look and make sure that the wires are in the SM plug and not lose or came out.

to turn off the signal master warning when using the slide switch you need to reprogram the Smart Siren.

when you say Wig Wags, are you talking about head light flashers or flashing take downs? ether way you need to wire it to mode 3 spot 2.

i'm linking install manual and programming.

http://www.fedsig.com/docs/255336.pdf

http://www.fedsig.com/docs/255283.pdf

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
It's been a while since I programmed one, but there is a "fast mode" (button 19 on the diagram on pg1 of the config manual). It speeds up the arrow patterns, but only has one traveling led instead of the trail that you want. Change that setting and see if it's what you're looking for.

I'll admit, though, that I don't see where you can enable that by slide switch or with power on, so it may not be the problem.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
RolnCode3 said:
It's been a while since I programmed one, but there is a "fast mode" (button 19 on the diagram on pg1 of the config manual). It speeds up the arrow patterns, but only has one traveling led instead of the trail that you want. Change that setting and see if it's what you're looking for.

I'll admit, though, that I don't see where you can enable that by slide switch or with power on, so it may not be the problem.

Fast button will make the pattern go faster, and the low button will take it down to one led.

i'm thinking he has lose wires

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Quentin said:
Fast button will make the pattern go faster, and the low button will take it down to one led.

i'm thinking he has lose wires

Oops. Sorry.

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
Sorry for the confusion, I'm having a hard time explaining my issues b/c this is my first time dealing with this. I'll see if I can better explain myself when I respond to ya'll individually.

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
Quentin said:
so your saying, when you try using the signal master that not all of the rear leds light up? look and make sure that the wires are in the SM plug and not lose or came out.

to turn off the signal master warning when using the slide switch you need to reprogram the Smart Siren.

when you say Wig Wags, are you talking about head light flashers or flashing take downs? ether way you need to wire it to mode 3 spot 2.

i'm linking install manual and programming.

http://www.fedsig.com/docs/255336.pdf

http://www.fedsig.com/docs/255283.pdf

Lightbar is functioning properly. When I activate the rear lightbar to funnel traffic to the left or right of my unit, it starts by lighting up one led followed by the others and all stay lit up until it reaches the end, then starts over. What I'm looking is for only one led to light up as it scans across to the left or right.

By wig wags I am speaking of my headlights and taillights. Thanks..

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
RolnCode3 said:

My lightbar currently operates with the trail of leds to the left or right, I am looking for the one traveling led while rear of lightbar is under left or right operation. I use the lightbar often under fast mode and it still has the trail of leds. The Fast button on the smartsiren lights up but guess i'm not totally sure if it's programmed properly. Thanks.

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
dgoss259 said:

Lets start with the wig wags. On the SS2000, the relay you have them connected to, is not programed into the slide switch. You have to go into the software and add that relay, in position 1, 2 or 3 of the slide switch, so it will turn on.

On the TA. The SS2000 will not operate the TA, because you have it connected to a external controller. (You list a SCM1), get rid of the SMC1 & wire the TA to your SS2000 per your install guide. Then go into the software & configure the TA with the flash patterns you want & if you want it to be on with the slide switch. Also look at key 13 & set that to the number of heads you have on the TA in the lightbar (6 or 8).

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
fire1 said:
Lets start with the wig wags. On the SS2000, the relay you have them connected to, is not programed into the slide switch. You have to go into the software and add that relay, in position 1, 2 or 3 of the slide switch, so it will turn on.

On the TA. The SS2000 will not operate the TA, because you have it connected to a external controller. (You list a SCM1), get rid of the SMC1 & wire the TA to your SS2000 per your install guide. Then go into the software & configure the TA with the flash patterns you want & if you want it to be on with the slide switch. Also look at key 13 & set that to the number of heads you have on the TA in the lightbar (6 or 8).

I believe I have confused you also with my bad wording, lol. I understand what you are saying about the wig wags. Excuse me again for my lack of knowledge... I cannot get rid of the SCM1/SCM2 bc it is an issued unit by my department. Are you thinking I have a seperate light bar as a TA? If so, I have only one light bar which the rear of it can fuction as a traffic mover (LRCO). My lightbar is controlled by my SS2000.

DaCityPolice

May 23, 2010
Washington, DC
dgoss259 said:
My lightbar currently operates with the trail of leds to the left or right, I am looking for the one traveling led while rear of lightbar is under left or right operation. I use the lightbar often under fast mode and it still has the trail of leds. The Fast button on the smartsiren lights up but guess i'm not totally sure if it's programmed properly. Thanks.

As far as I know (admittedly limited knowledge), the only way to get what you want is to use the "FAST" and "LOW POWER" buttons on the top right of the control head to get the faster, single head at a time traffic arrows. I don't think FedSig has a setting to change it permanently. (You have to press "FAST" and "LOW POWER" every time you start the car for the buttons to stay activated (they can't be programmed to be on when the car powers on).

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
DaCityPolice said:
As far as I know (admittedly limited knowledge), the only way to get what you want is to use the "FAST" and "LOW POWER" buttons on the top right of the control head to get the faster, single head at a time traffic arrows. I don't think FedSig has a setting to change it permanently. (You have to press "FAST" and "LOW POWER" every time you start the car for the buttons to stay activated (they can't be programmed to be on when the car powers on).

It works... This morning when I was getting off work I somehow stumbled across this, then I get on and see this. Although it worked with or without "FAST" activated. Not being able to program this is not a problem, would be nice but not big deal. A simple press of one button then choosing LRC O and it works. Thanks for your help.

dgoss259

May 19, 2011
US/LA
Would like to thank everyone for the help and patience with me because I am new to all this. All 3 questions I originally asked have been answered and can now set up equipment the way I want it. Thanks again everyone...

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
dgoss259 said:
Would like to thank everyone for the help and patience with me because I am new to all this. All 3 questions I originally asked have been answered and can now set up equipment the way I want it. Thanks again everyone...

Your welcome. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.