Arjent (S2) mounting brackets and hooks

wasischlos

Apr 20, 2017
Germany
Hi @all,

i've got some trouble mounting my Arjent S2 LED Lightbar (44") to my Crown Victoria (year 2000).

The hooks i am using are definitly the need Parts for Crown Victoria, but anyway there is a lot too much distance between the hook and the Arjent foot, when i try to run in the Adjustment bolt.

When i adjust the feet to the lightbar to be able to fit the bolt, the feet are way to far outside of the vehicle roof.

I attached a photo to show the problem.

which part could be wrong?

Is the white arjent foot different to the black one?

Attachments

• IMG_20170704_173914.jpg
    IMG_20170704_173914.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 11

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
All thread. Problem solved

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
He's saying get longer bolts that are full thread. According to the manual they are 5/16-18 bolts. Some manufacturer's, like Feniex, include a pair of long and short bolts. It looks like Federal Signal gives you one of 3 lengths they offer, I think based on the hook kit you order. Simply measure how long you need the bolt and go to the local hardware store and get 5/16-18 threaded bolts, that are all thread, in the length you need.

wasischlos

Apr 20, 2017
Germany
Thanks a lot, now i got it.

Sorry for my dumb questions, my english isn't that good.

Will be fun to find the right bolts here in germany where all hardware is metric.. lol
But it won't be impossible to find :)

tenko

Dec 10, 2021
Nebraska
Not to resurrect an old post... but what grade bolts are recommended for an SL/S2? I have a Tacoma and surprise, they don't have any mounting kits specific for Toyotas, except for direct drill into the roof. Don't want to do that... however, the bar did come with some nice mounts that will work *almost* perfectly. The downside is that I'll need bolts in the 5.5" range on each side. The bolts that came with the rebuild kit are Grade 5 stainless (at proper length) and the only bolts that have threads all the way through (as suggested above) - that I can find, are carriage bolts. Anywho, they make a grade 8... but from what I've read -- I think - it's kind of vague, os that it may or may not work. Any ideas on what grade/finish I should use at a 5.5" length?... and if carriage bolts would be ideal, having threads all the way through? :)

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Grade 5 would be strong enough. Definitely stainless. And you would have to do some digging, but you can get them full thread. Most common would have the shoulder on them, but they do make them full thread.

Reactions: Dave F

tenko

Dec 10, 2021
Nebraska
Thank you much for the reply! What is the reasoning behind the full threads? Is it for tightening, if need be???

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.