Arjent SL problems

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
I have a older ARJENT SL. I'm trying to get to mode 2 and also get the flashing takedowns to work. I have the wiring diagram. I applied power to the wht/blu and wht/yel wires which say its mode 2 on the diagram and the bar doesn't turn on. Hook the mode 1 wires back up and it works fine. I hooked all 4 wires, mode 1 front and back and mode 2 front and back, together and still it's on the same pattern. From what I read the factory programmed a seep rate pattern for mode 1 and mode 2.

As far as the flashing takedowns, if I just apply power to the wht/red they did not turn on. Does a mode have to be turned on at the same time for it to work?

I've gone through this install manual and can't find anything regarding this. I appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Can you get a picture of the flasher unit in there?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Mode 1 MUST be turned on for Mode 2 to be working. If you're able to change the patterns, try playing around with that, the pattern may be set the same for Mode 1 and Mode 2. Or, while there's Mode 2 wires, they may not be hooked up inside. Pull off the top lens and trace the wires.

As for the flashing TD, that's a separate unit from the led flashers. The wiring diagram is universal for these bars, but they're not all outfitted the same. Yours may not have the TD flasher. Again, pull the covers and trace the wiring.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY

Attachments

• intelflash 8554037.pdf
    313 bytes · Views: 70

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
rwo978 said:
Mode 1 MUST be turned on for Mode 2 to be working. If you're able to change the patterns, try playing around with that, the pattern may be set the same for Mode 1 and Mode 2. Or, while there's Mode 2 wires, they may not be hooked up inside. Pull off the top lens and trace the wires.

As for the flashing TD, that's a separate unit from the led flashers. The wiring diagram is universal for these bars, but they're not all outfitted the same. Yours may not have the TD flasher. Again, pull the covers and trace the wiring.

Popped the domes today. No flasher in there for the takedowns.

I traced the wires for the led flashers. They are the federal high side 2 channel flashers. 8554057

I was on the rear flasher side. I apply power to the mode 1 wire and the back of the bar lights up. I then applied power to both the mode 1 and the mode 2 wire and nothing at all turns on. Go back to applying power to just mode 1 and it works fine. This is the same on the front side also.

I believe I'm doing it right here but can't understand why I got nothing on mode 2.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Fenn said:
Popped the domes today. No flasher in there for the takedowns.

I traced the wires for the led flashers. They are the federal high side 2 channel flashers. 8554057

I was on the rear flasher side. I apply power to the mode 1 wire and the back of the bar lights up. I then applied power to both the mode 1 and the mode 2 wire and nothing at all turns on. Go back to applying power to just mode 1 and it works fine. This is the same on the front side also.

I believe I'm doing it right here but can't understand why I got nothing on mode 2.

Are you trying the power right at the flasher? Try that, it may be a cable/harness issue.

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
rwo978 said:
Are you trying the power right at the flasher? Try that, it may be a cable/harness issue.

I did, powered it right at the flasher. Apply power to mode 1 and lights flash. Apply power to mode 1&2 and nothing turns on. Any ideas?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Might be time to find another flasher unit.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Might be time to find another flasher unit.

How crispy is the unit from being in the sun?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Are you checking the correct terminals? I know there's 2 that are rather close together, pattern and override/mode 2, and the labels can be hard to read. The pattern change spade terminal is the one closest to the 2 pin internal pattern changer. The pattern change terminal is a ground side switching.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
rwo978 said:
Are you checking the correct terminals? I know there's 2 that are rather close together, pattern and override/mode 2, and the labels can be hard to read. The pattern change spade terminal is the one closest to the 2 pin internal pattern changer. The pattern change terminal is a ground side switching.

I'm beginning to wonder if it looks like the one if the PDF I posted or what.

Does your's look like this? Federal Signal Intelli Flash 650202 Flasher LED | eBay

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
There are these too with the spade terminals, which are the ones I was talking about. Ignore the other wiring/diodes, this was built for LED spot lights on a grille guard for steady and HLF. The terminal next to the LED indicator is for Mode 2, the one next to the 2 pins is the pattern one I was talking about.

P1160626.jpg

P1160623.jpg

P1160624.jpg

P1160625.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
rwo978 said:
There are these too with the spade terminals, which are the ones I was talking about. Ignore the other wiring/diodes, this was built for LED spot lights on a grille guard for steady and HLF. The terminal next to the LED indicator is for Mode 2, the one next to the 2 pins is the pattern one I was talking about.

View attachment 68747View attachment 68748View attachment 68749View attachment 68750

Those are definetly different than the intellflash unit I have.

Nice pics by the way. :thumbsup:

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
This is the flasher that's in there. I'm going according to the wiring on the chart.

The pictures are of the rear flasher. Wht/brn should be mode 1 and wht/yel should be 2.

The wht/yel you can see on the side there and the wht/brn is next to the negative under the bundle of wires

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_06_8aja5ypy.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_06_a2yre3ab.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_06_7uju8yjy.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
here you go.

Attachments

• intelflash 8554037.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 37

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.