Arjent SL - Replacing halogen bulbs with LED bulbs

Straypuft

Nov 7, 2015
Akron Ohio
I recently acquired an Arjent SL for home man cave use, I may have found replacement alley bulbs(MR11's) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SF7BQQM/?tag=elightbars-20
Should there be any problem with using them with the flashing alley option? Or will the flasher module kill them pretty fast...

I am having trouble finding takedown modules, Was trying to look for white Solaris modules but am having trouble finding them or may have to spend big bucks straight from Fedsig buying them new. Are there takedown modules made by other companies that could go in to replace the halogen modules? Are GH-8 bi-pins Fedsig patented bulbs? Or is GH-8 what Fedsig calls G8?
(GH-8 is what it says in the wiring diagram/manual)
Same question about the flasher module killing Takedown GH-8 LED bulbs.

I dont need super bright LED lights since the lightbar is staying put inside my apartment and I think my 12v power supply(10amp continuous) would be able to power front and rear lights as well as flashing takedowns and flashin alleys more better, As it currently is, It can only power front and rear and either the flashing takedowns or alleys flashing possibly due to maxing out the power supply.

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
It's funny you mention this because I did something similar with a Legend lightbar. Essentially, I used a pair of China MR11s (or LR11) in the alley lights and had no issues aside from not being as bright as their halogen counterparts. They flashed/illuminated just fine otherwise.

Reactions: Straypuft

Firemedic121

Jun 2, 2019
Us
I recently acquired an Arjent SL for home man cave use, I may have found replacement alley bulbs(MR11's) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SF7BQQM/?tag=elightbars-20
Should there be any problem with using them with the flashing alley option? Or will the flasher module kill them pretty fast...

I am having trouble finding takedown modules, Was trying to look for white Solaris modules but am having trouble finding them or may have to spend big bucks straight from Fedsig buying them new. Are there takedown modules made by other companies that could go in to replace the halogen modules? Are GH-8 bi-pins Fedsig patented bulbs? Or is GH-8 what Fedsig calls G8?
(GH-8 is what it says in the wiring diagram/manual)
Same question about the flasher module killing Takedown GH-8 LED bulbs.

I dont need super bright LED lights since the lightbar is staying put inside my apartment and I think my 12v power supply(10amp continuous) would be able to power front and rear lights as well as flashing takedowns and flashin alleys more better, As it currently is, It can only power front and rear and either the flashing takedowns or alleys flashing possibly due to maxing out the power supply.

I bought 2 of the Arjent SL for $160. For fire department use I swapped the blue modules for the red to make 1 all red and the other all blue which I'm using for parts if needed. I didn't want to run the halogen takedowns so what I did was go into AutoZone and pick up an Alpina white off-road strobes as they call it for $35 and installed them in place of the halogen lights. I used the same bracket, just removed the reflectors and the Alpina LED modules are a perfect fit. Instead of using the flasher that came with the kit (only has 3 patterns) I pulled one of the flashers out of the other light and installed it in the center under the cover. Best thing I could have done. I have the same flash patterns as the front and rear. I just wired it up so the mode 2 is steady and mode 1 is flashing. You can't tell that those lights don't belong in that lightbar. I had the same issue finding white LED modules or LED takedowns so I got creative. You can use the flasher that came with the kit but I didn't like the patterns. Hope this helps others.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.