Armchair firefighters on youtube

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
Anyone else hate the armchair firefighters on youtube? It seems like no matter what type of fire it is, or how quickly it is knocked down. There is always someone who knows of a better way it should have been done. I swear that a company could show up at a fully involved house fire and throw a water balloon at it and put it out, and someone would say that they should have used a red balloon instead of a blue one.

Retaks

Aug 5, 2012
SE PA
NYBLS said:
We all know that red water balloons are for chemical fires, blue are for residential. Idiots.

Really? We always used red for vehicle fires and blue for commercial buildings. The blue hold so much more water then the red so they work great on the larger buildings.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
just buy purple and use them for everything

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
ryan81986 said:
Anyone else hate the armchair firefighters on youtube? It seems like no matter what type of fire it is, or how quickly it is knocked down. There is always someone who knows of a better way it should have been done. I swear that a company could show up at a fully involved house fire and throw a water balloon at it and put it out, and someone would say that they should have used a red balloon instead of a blue one.

Although I agree with you 100% on the unnecessary commentary, I have yet to see a flawless fire video on youtube. Firefighting is something that requires constant training and vigilance. For me, seeing mistakes, areas needing improvement, and successes highlighted in the comments through multiple perspectives only adds to what I am taking out of a video (granted take everything with a grain of salt). Yes, they're annoying and most times cross the line, but IMHO they also promote critical thinking leading to improvement.

boboloo

Jun 5, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Who in the hell uses blue water balloons on fires anymore?

Even if the fire gets put out quick, the balloons are found to be choking hazards in children six and under.

P.S. We should find one fire video on youtube and all of us deluge it with asinine comments. We can fight back and forth with the stupidest b.s. I'm in!!!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Find one full of tactical and/or safety errors, then comment about how great it was. :hopeless:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
But that was a good one.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
It's just like it is here. Someone makes a post about an install, and someone else comes in saying that they should have put this light here or that color there. People just always want to throw their opinions into things. But then again, for what reason do we come to a public forum other than to bitch about things we can't change?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Where's the :popcorn: :popcorn:?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.