Arrow Stick

Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
Im sorry guys, Im probably going to come off stupid here but I cant seem to find the information I need. I recently bought the six head warning bar off awl's website. I just cant seem to figure out how to fire it. Never wired anything except foglights to a single switch so Im absolutely new to this. I know the brown is warning, red is power, negative is black, blue and orange are the left and right arrow and yellow is pattern select. I bought three switches and all the connectors, fuse etc that I would need. My problem is I have no idea where negatives, power lines and what go, especially in regards to the switch. I also tried to connect the red and brown wire to a positive on a cigarette lighter and the black to the negative assuming that would get me warning just to test it out. Got nothing. Any help is appreciated. (Knowing the wiring is pretty much the same for the e66 and rocket x bars I tried to do some research with them too, no luck so this is my last chance) :bonk:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Tom sells a couple bars.

1) have you e-mailed him or PM'd him? He usually responds quickly.

2) what bar is it? If it's one I'm familiar with I can try to help.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Run one fused wire from the battery to the 3 switches

Put the brown to switch one positive pole

Put the blue to switch two positive pole

Put the orange to switch three positive pole

Ground the black wire from the bar

Then ground all of the grounds from the switches.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I sent Tom a PM but it was right when they were switching up the site. So it was probably lost now that I think about it. It's the Awl rx-46. I appreciate the help guys. So it sounds like I need a switch with three contacts on the back, one for power one for the function wire and one for the ground? CurrentlyiIonly have the unlit toggle with two.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
If it is only a toggle with no backlight it's easy. Like Tom said run power to the one switch terminal. Then connect the corresponding wires from the bar to the other terminal on the switch. Ground the bar. I can't see the last post but if you have a power wire that will need to go to battery. Make sure it's fused. The wires going to switch are trigger wires. So switch 1 left arrow, switch 2 right arrow and switch 3 warning pattern. Or some combination there in. Hope it helps

Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
Think I got it now. I do appreciate the help, I know I sound like a Noob but we all start somewhere. My phone doesn't get along with this forum, it looks fine after I type it, but then it looks like a cat ran across a keyboard when posted, so apologies for that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.