Negative AshleyFox Scam

JGG

May 20, 2010
Portage, MI
I sent AshleyFox $120 for a Whelen TIR3 traffic advisor on September 14th, 2017.

I never received any sort of confirmation that the seller had received the payment. However, the post was edited after I sent the money to say "Upon payment being sent, detailed installation Instructions for a Whelen LED TIR3 sent to the buyer."

I decided to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, however I sent both a private message and a post on the original thread asking what the status of the light was on September 23rd, 2017.

I never received any sort of response from the messages on Elightbars. I also sent the seller an e-mail directly on September 28th, 2017, again without any response.

Here is a link to the for sale thread: https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/whelen-led-tir3-traffic-advisor-p-n-01-0684025-01f.82785/

I have also attached screenshots of the original post, which I had luckily left up on my work computer. I was able to get screenshots of the post, since the page had not refreshed.

Of course, the seller is claiming that I am trying to scam him, and that the administrators on Elightbars are worthless, etc, etc.

Attachments

• Original Post with Edit Date.png
    Original Post with Edit Date.png
    942.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Original Post.jpg
    Original Post.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: toyotafan

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Of course, the seller is claiming that I am trying to scam him, and that the administrators on Elightbars are worthless, etc, etc.

Well, of course they would say that... they got caught red-handed by our administrators while trying to scam one of our members. Enough information has been collected at this point to hand over to law enforcement if the need arises.

We're sorry you encountered a negative transaction like this.

JGG

May 20, 2010
Portage, MI
Its really too bad. I don't hold anything against Elightbars, and I have had many successful transactions here over the years.

There always has to be someone that tries to ruin things for the rest of us.

Reactions: Chris W and Tony P

JGG

May 20, 2010
Portage, MI
Unfortunately, Paypal has denied my claim. I have filed an appeal, showing the evidence that the ad was changed, so we will just have to wait.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
The offending member has been banned. They failed to respond to staff regarding this issue as well.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Thankfully, my appeal was successful and I was refunded my money.

Thanks to the mods for their assistance.

We're sorry this occurred. Thankfully, Paypal came through and resolved the situation.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.