Site News Attachment Upload Issues

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
We are aware that there are some issues uploading attachments to posts. We are working to resolve the issue. We understand this may affect sales in the classifieds sections, but we ask for your patience while we troubleshoot the issue further.

Thank you

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
We're in the process of moving our external attachment data back onto our local server. During this time, you'll notice a lot of attachment data is not available. You may upload new attachments, but over the next 24 hours or so, some historical attachments may not be available. Please be patient and we'll back to normal operation as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reactions: Dave F and Tony P

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
The issue with attachments has been resolved. Since Google indexes our site heavily, we've implemented a watermarking system. It doesn't alter the original file in any way, but will watermark attachments as they are displayed, whether on eLightbars or remotely.

Here is an example:
Ford-Explorer-Police-Interceptor-SUV.jpg

Reactions: Nathan R and Tony P

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I'm not seeing any pictures now. Same as when we lost many pics in the last software change.
2 MODEL SENIOR DEPUTY ROTA-BEAMs, one on each end--CB-100 or,
2 MODEL 66 ROTA-BEAMs, one on each end--CB-200. Picture 5.

Attached Files: Download all post attachments

When did you upload the pictures? Today? Were they already in "Your Attachments"? Do you see the attachment in the post above yours?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
No, these are old pictures that showed up until today's repair. I'm not seeing any of the pics that I uploaded in the past or recently. I seem to have lost all of the pics that I have uploaded, just like before. Makes my threads, pinned and otherwise, worthless. Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Thanks

I can see others pictures.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I do see your broken images above, but no data has been lost... the only thing that changes was the references. This maintenance was completed yesterday, so I assume that you only first noticed this today?

I will do what I can to resolve your problem though.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I see "a" problem, but I haven't identified "the" problem.

Thank you for pointing it out... I'll figure it out and follow up.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
So far, every pic that I have ever uploaded is gone :(
If you click on your broken attachments above, you can see that the files still exist... I'm slowly resolving this problem... restoring the thumbnails in posts is very easy and always the last step. It's coming along.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I'm supposed to be getting support from a third party developer that has been stringing me along, that's why this has stalled. I'll keep following up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.