Auto Start?

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
For the life of me i cant think of what these things are called

Device that connects to the vehicle battery so when the vehicle is off and 2 way radios, flashy lights or whatever are left on and the battery voltage drops the vehicle will automatically start up and charge the battery

These things do exist right and i didnt dream these up while sleeping?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Only thing I can think of did the opposite. It is called a Charge Guard and shuts off the electronics if they drain the battery to a certain point while the vehicle is off

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Iv got 2 of them currently in the vehicle.

I was sure there was some device that monitored battery voltage and once she got to 10 or 10.5 it would start the engine for X# of mins and then auto shut off

That device would be activated via mechanical switch. Was some type of gas saver device so vehicle could be off with all equipment on and not have to worry about the battery draining too low

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If your battery dropped to 10.5 volts it's be dead.

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Yep. Thats the bugger. Dont think it was Havis i had in mind but same concept

Says it does not support OEM autostart tho.. so that could be an issue on my 2013 police utility.. Humf

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.