AWL (Advance warning lights)VENOM Interior Lightbar

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
Well, here we go, my first real post. I am sure that this lightbar gets reviewed/discussed quite often and now that I have one and installed it I can really tell why there such a hype. I ordered my bar on 6/13/2013 and received it on 6/17, installed 6/18. The box is decent size when it arrives (see below). Once open you will find the lightbar packaged with packing paper, bubble wrap, and foam. Which is sufficient protection for the item,IMO. I happened to purchase mine when the promotion was going on that included two free SMT3's (review later). all of the lights I purchased are in an AMBER/WHITE, strictly used for assisting motorists or god forbid I break down.

Lightbar:

Pros- Price, weight, size, and ease of installation

Cons- Minor mount customization

I removed the lightbar from the packaging, took it outside to the truck and plugged it in, first mistake I made was looking at it on accident, WOW was it bright! Second mistake I made was questioning myself why I never bought it sooner. This is a very general purpose, sturdy, and for the money quality built lightbar. I was very surprised at the quality of it. The "universal mounts" are just what they say they are, "universal" which means they may require some modification for your vehicle. I own a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer, I had to cut about and inch off of each of the "forks" that slid under the visor. I was only able to use one mount for each lightbar (see below ) the angle of the windshield and the space between the headliner and windshield just didn't allow for both mounts. Light is very sturdy, does not vibrate, bounce, or slide.

Issues:

Out of the box:

The cigarette lighter works when pressure is on it just the right way, Just little things here and there. I defiantly did not expect this lightbar to be perfect for $266 shipped, but it does its job and is bright during direct Texas sun. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371599633.241572.jpg

Rating (1-10, 10 is best)

* Durability 7

* Performance/Usefulness 9

* Innovation 8

* Appearance 7

* Price 6

* Other (shipping) 6

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371599595.443732.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371599615.905022.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371599653.836117.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371599676.629427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.