AWL Hideaways anyone use?

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
I have had them on my trucks for a few years and love them! They pack a hell of a punch for the price. Give Tom a call

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I doubt you'll have any problem. The newer AWL lights use the philips 3W LEDs, and Tom stands behind his products with his customer service and reputation here

Reactions: Blake

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Thanks Firemedic. I really like the Whelen stuff, but I can't afford to do a complete build with their products based on the cost. Now I have to rethink finishing my build using AWL products.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
The imported hide-a-ways everyone is using now (SNM, AWL, Damega, Etc) are all brighter that the vertex and perform just as well now. When it comes to hide-a-ways you have the feniex cannon the knockoff everyone is selling under their own brand and then the soundoff and whelen hide-a-ways. Save yourself the money

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Thank you Stan. I didn't realize how expensive it can be to try and prevent yourself from getting hit and or run over!
you want some real pain, look into the price on the Whelen M9V2

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thanks Firemedic. I really like the Whelen stuff, but I can't afford to do a complete build with their products based on the cost. Now I have to rethink finishing my build using AWL products.

I love whelen too, but their one product that I will not use is their LAW. The vertex is like the TIR3; it was a great product when it was first introduced (what now feels like a century ago), but now there are so many better options and technologies out there nowadays, while whelen hasn't made any "wow" improvement to it. The cannon is hands down the best LAW out there now IMO, but AWL and SNM have some solid (more economical) alternatives out there

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
So this is what I was thinking would be economical and effective. I already have my Dual Avenger in my windshield right below my RVM so I would put LAW's in my drl and driving light housings and put them on an "X" pattern. I would disable my DRL's so that I wouldn't have any other light in the housing.Chevy Avalanche front Amber Layout.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I even tried searching for amber used cannons and with what I found, they wanted almost the price of them brand new in the package.
Strobes n more has a sale on first generation Amber cannons right now. Check out their website

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
one is 2 mode the other is 3 mode. Additionally there wasnt a quick disconnect between version 1 and 2 for the lighthead after the flasher

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
I was hoping to find a demo/flash pattern video of the new AWL Burst 2.0 Hideaways, but have been unable to locate any. I have a feeling, outside of my Dual Avenger I'm going to replace everything with one affordable product line so that everything will sync internally without a flasher and just be easier to service if need be.

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
You will not be disappointed with AWL products. I have done full installs with it and they are great. Just as effective as anything else

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
I installed these yesterday and they're great! The six 3 Watt Luxeon Led's really shine. I installed them in my DRL housings. Will definitely be replacing my rear vertex's with these.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I installed these yesterday and they're great! The six 3 Watt Luxeon Led's really shine. I installed them in my DRL housings. Will definitely be replacing my rear vertex's with these.
Video?

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Would like to see a night shot at an off angle to see the light dispersed as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.