AWL Venom Interior Lightbar

treycash

May 23, 2010
Maury, NC
Hey, I am here to do a review on the AWL Venom Interior Lightbar. I recently found myself in the market for a new lightbar for my 2004 F150. I sent Tom a PM about his Feniex Lightbars, when he recommended his AWL Venom Interior Lightbar and at 170 dollar. Why not at least see how it looks. I order the product around 11:50 pm Sunday night and it arrived USPS Thursday.

Pros:

1. 170 dollars shipped!

2. come with cigarette lighter that also change the pattern (I hardwired mine to a switch)

3. Come with universal mounting brackets, they are not hard to install into you headliner mirror mounts

4. it is bright!

5. Product is well built

Cons:

1. No wiring guide (go on the AWL website and download it)

2. Flash Patterns are not the best (I like a random flash and could not find one)

So far I would recommend this product to anyone especially for the price. I will make a video where a Feniex Pegasus and the AWl venom lightbar side by side.

Overall Grade B+. Can not beat the price for a good interior light bar!

Sorry pictures were taken on iPhone while it was raining.

4F35239D-E147-41D5-AC0A-5E26A6674B84.jpeg

7E93E61F-E2DB-47D2-9742-9F6D792E42C3.jpeg

88E55C93-AD17-4495-9441-C24ABFC2D8AD.jpeg

079F2373-FF71-4EAB-AC31-FBD57B43C2C5.jpeg

34693876-0D22-46C3-A17E-46CFD9A50542.jpeg

60308FEE-0B36-4D21-AE84-00F80DF5EEA1.jpeg

374C3A90-7E03-4795-81AB-C1AE373EAC8A.jpeg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Any update on that video? So far the only video I've seen is on the AWL site but it doesn't demonstrate all the available flash patterns.

treycash

May 23, 2010
Maury, NC
foxtrot5 said:
Any update on that video? So far the only video I've seen is on the AWL site but it doesn't demonstrate all the available flash patterns.

I have not had a chance to get a video, should get one this week

ehtbvfc

Sep 3, 2012
NJ
It does look good behind the tint, but how is it with off axis views.... like coming up to intersections etc.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
foxtrot5 said:

The video on the site of the bar sitting on the dash scrolls through all the patterns.

ehtbvfc

Sep 3, 2012
NJ
Say you wanted that red and blue would there be anyway to get that like every other light is blue or is it strictly one side red and the other side blue?

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
ehtbvfc said:
Say you wanted that red and blue would there be anyway to get that like every other light is blue or is it strictly one side red and the other side blue?

I second this. I want a B/W version but I'm just not sold on solid blue on one side and solid white on another on a unit this big. B/B would work but I'm just a big believer on adding white to grab peoples' attention, I'm also a big fan of alternating patterns such as b/w/b/w/b - b/w/b/w/b.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
ehtbvfc said:

The red/blue models are the only versions with red on one side and blue on the other. This was done in an attempt to avoid the bar appearing 'purple' from a distance.

JPolston said:
I second this. I want a B/W version but I'm just not sold on solid blue on one side and solid white on another on a unit this big. B/B would work but I'm just a big believer on adding white to grab peoples' attention, I'm also a big fan of alternating patterns such as b/w/b/w/b - b/w/b/w/b.

The red/white and blue/white models are configured with alternating colors. So a blue/white model would be configured BWBWB BWBWB.

tuconje

Jul 26, 2012
Texas
treycash said:
I will make a video where a Feniex Pegasus and the AWl venom lightbar side by side.

Any word on that video comparison? And maybe a video of the AWL Venom Lightbar from a distance during broad daylight?

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
The only complaint i could ever have with this bar(not purchased yet) and the RX bars(I have the RX46) are the flash patterns. I too like a sort of random pattern. The prices are excellent, and the effectiveness is excellent.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
How long did it take for you to install? Is it just a matter of loosening the screws and sliding the mounts in then running your wire to the 12v outlet? I'm just asking because if I do purchase this light, I would like the ability to take it off on occassion and still retain a clean factory look. I have a 2006 F150. Thanks.

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
Ghost said:
I recently bought the awl lightbar it has great light output but behind my 5% tint you can barely see the light when its on.

I used to have that same problem, However I got a new car and now I'm going to get 35% instead. This will take care of that probem. :D

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
firefightin6 said:
I used to have that same problem, However I got a new car and now I'm going to get 35% instead. This will take care of that probem. :D

$170 Shipped is a great price. I didn't expect it to punch through tint. Even the best have problems punching through limo tint. We just need to find a tint that turns a section clear when the lights are lit! LOL.

Patterns are ok. However I didn't need 100 to choose from to get an effective warning system.

The best thing about this unit is during my tests with interior vehicle temps. I have placed the car in direct sunlight for the last couple weeks. The lenses, leds or anything has not melted. Some of the other chinese stuff that I have seen on the site reported melting problems. If I had a pushbar I would test a RX unit on the pushbar to see how it holds in 100 plus on a black metal surface.

I almost didnt buy it cause the spacing in the led heads but after seeing this unit upclose, I should had done it along time ago!

tuconje

Jul 26, 2012
Texas
tom said:
The red/blue models are the only versions with red on one side and blue on the other. This was done in an attempt to avoid the bar appearing 'purple' from a distance.

The red/white and blue/white models are configured with alternating colors. So a blue/white model would be configured BWBWB BWBWB.

Is it possible to have custom colors? I'm looking for an interior light bar with these colors: (Driver) R-R-R-R-W / (Psngr) W-B-B-B-B

Would that be possible?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.