Axixtech Chameleon

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I would assume any dealer. Also from what I recall, if you ask nice enough, and pay enough up front, you can have any color combo- in about 6-8 weeks lead time. (what I was told in 2008)

0611002152.jpg

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
I don't think it's possible to do a chameleon with white, the technology is different somehow.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
RJ* said:
I don't think it's possible to do a chameleon with white, the technology is different somehow.

It might be possible but as far as warning light intensities the technology isnt there yet. They are only available in R/A, R/B, and B/A

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
They are not available in white and color changing.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Well, the Chameleons come in several different lightheads. Which ones are you wanting to know about?

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I've seen blue/amber Chameleons in the back of a trooper's car on a traffic stop during the night. Put the Whelen Dominator to shame.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I have the red/blue in 9 head in my rear deck and they are just as effective as my dual Talon back there at HALF the price. Couldn't be happier with my lights!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
These would be rather interesting if they made them in a "dumb" 3 wire version- 2 positive and one ground... hook it up to a ulf22 or ulf44...

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
unlisted said:
These would be rather interesting if they made them in a "dumb" 3 wire version- 2 positive and one ground... hook it up to a ulf22 or ulf44...

It is possible with the 5 wire chameleon I believe but I have not done it myself.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Pimp said:
They are not available in white and color changing.

Correct. The technology to make a true "chameleon" (1 set of diodes, 2 colors) is not feasible with white. However, you could get a white "duo" type light (2 sets of diodes, 2 colors in the same light head)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.